Dungeon Crawler Miniatures Kickstarter

Yukon Cornelius

Yeah, I think it would have been much easier for people to grasp my saying "You get 1 set of Tidal Wave minis + 4 additional full sets of your choice (either unlocked stretch goal sets, or additional tidal wave sets) + X Alternate Paint minis!"

Removing the extraneous lingo and putting in simple explanations makes for a more pleasant reading experience, in my opinion. Overall, still liking the KS, just really wanting to see some later stuff get unlocked!

• Like 1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've pledged to this Kickstarter but was planning on getting the unpainted minis. Has anyone painted any of the current Natural line of minis from Dungeon Crawler? I know they look white like the Reaper Bones minis so I was wondering if primer is recommended before painting these and whether acrylic paint like Reaper HD or MSP series (with or without primer) sticks to them well.

Since they aren't Reaper's Bones line, I would definitely prime them. I have some other plastic miniatures from Hero Quest and Castle Ravenloft the board game, and they definitely work a ton better with primer. The plastic most companies use is far more smooth and the paint comes off quite easily just from regular handling during the painting process and beyond.

I guess it seems more simple on paper, using acronyms and other internal jargon to define these concepts, but the problem is you end up having to communicate so much more when you're trying to explain all of those concepts after the fact! Concise, clean explanations are a necessary foundation to marketing and establishing rapport with a consumer/fanbase (sorry, I'm a marketing/PR student, so deconstructing other peoples campaigns is a bit of a hobby and a way for me to try and sharpen my skills for my future career ;) )

I just got some of the existing Naturals (giant ants, townfolk, ravens) and am eager to try painting them, so I'll go ahead and use primer on them. No problem. I'm looking forward to these Kickstarter ones too. So far generally pretty good choices for things that haven't already been done to death by other companies, which is great.

Those minis are cool, especially the clear or translucent (especially the water elemental, since Reaper didn't put one in their KS), but man, trying to suss out the details of the program gave me a headache.

Also, they probably should have shown what the first stretch goal is so that people have an idea of what they are working toward.

I'll keep an eye on this, anyway.

The first stretch goal was posted as an update yesterday (a jungle-themed mercenaries set!). The post helps explain the credit system as well:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1941357427/dungeon-crawler-minis-tidal-wave-dcm/posts

Basicaly, it boils down to one credit per set, with bigger sets (like the first one) counting as two credits. So, if they meet the first stretch goal, and you have 12 credits, you can buy 12 of the Mercenaries set, 6 of the Tidal Wave set, or some combination of both. Alternate paint jobs are getting thrown in for free, and how many of those you get depends on the level you pledge at.

Spreading the cheer!

How about a PRE-Thanksgiving THANK YOU (Canadian Turkey Day is Oct 8)!

We will give everyone who pledges before October 3rd, 1 extra mini (at random sizes tiny-medium) from of our achieved goals if we reach 500 backers, if we are able to reach 1000 we will make that 3 extra minis.

All those that have already pledged are also eligible for this reward, and it is stackable with the “FIRST” promotion!

Spread The Word!

Thanks For Pledging!

^_^ Gifted Vision

Over on the Kickstarter board, Greyhaze confirmed that some of the unpainted minis (the huge water elemental, ghost hound, and jellyfish) are in clear plastic. $15 for a clear huge water elemental seems to me like a pretty good deal by itself.

Our First Pledge Level Plasti-Cred: *Hugs* Is our special recognition pledge not only will you get special acknowledgement on our website, but you can also choose to add, Single PPMs (pre-painted or unpainted minis) to your pledge, shipping will be billed separately. This pledge is PERFECT for that minis connoisseur looking for particular pieces for their collection. Choose from our pre-paints (PPMs) or unpainted (NATs) below.

Army of Jellyshrooms Ahoy!