Paint Kits!

Miar

The current "problem" I see is that the paint lines are not interchangeable. Here's my thoughts of what product lines to have, including the Reaper HD Paint Sets (you knew they had them, right?):

* Beginner HD Paint Set, Intermediate HD Paint Set, and Expert HD Paint Set. Each of these sets has 20 paints, the same number as the current line. By labeling them Beginner, Intermediate, etc., newbies and parents shopping for their kids immediately know which paint set to start with.

* The LTPK line. This is a series of LTPK which build upon and follow each other, much like they do now, but without duplicates. The Beginner line of LTPKs, when completed, would have the same paints as the Beginner HD Paint Set. The Intermediate line LTPKs, when completed, would have the same paints as the Intermediate Paint Set. And so on. Maybe the Intermediate and Expert level sets would not assume the customer has all the paints from the previous levels, so might have some paint overlap? Dunno.

* Bones-only LTPKs. This would be a Beginner BLTPK, which has the same Bones and instructions as the entire Beginner line of LTPKs, the Intermediate BLTPK, which has the same Bones and instructions as the entire Intermediate line of LTPKs, and so on. No paints are included. The idea is that you can buy an HD Paint Set and a matching BLTPK. Or if you have your own paints, you could pick up a BLTPK of your skill level to practice on. More casual customers could buy them as samplers, a bulk purchase, gift for a certain level of painter, random RPG figures, whatever. Heck! These BLTPKs could have completely different miniatures (and instructions) than the LTPKs, so Beginners, Intermediates, and Experts could get more practice! With Bones being cheap to produce, these kits could be $10 for several miniatures. You could even have more than one BLTPK for each painting level!

* A DVD or DVD line would fit in somewhere. Maybe a Beginner DVD, Intermediate DVD, etc. So with the Beginner DVD, the customer could buy the Beginner LTPKs, or the Beginner HD Paint Set and Beginner Bones set, and follow the DVD. The DVDs should stand alone, of course, for casual customers.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Reaper selling name-brand sable brushes! Have the Reaper painters fight it out and narrow the choice down to TWO brushes, and sell them as a set or something. Sometimes no choice is the best choice, and more hardcore hobbyists will buy their own brushes, anyway.

• Like 1

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait for the current paint sets to restock.

I can't wait to have enough money to buy paint sets.

Haha. Both of these together for me.

Ive been waiting for the LPTKs for weeks, but have to hope my spare hobby funds can still cover getting them by the time they show up :blush:

Hopefully not long now, though... I emailed reaper at the end of october and was told they were expected to be back in stock "very soon". Although it appears to have been maybe a typo and they actually meant "very SOON" :P

I wouldn't expect them until at least after fulfillment is all done, and even then probably not for awhile after that. I remember reading somewhere that they were planning on (or at least considering) updating the instructions, which will take time as well. I know, I'm waiting on them too, since they're such a great value for paint+brushes+minis, all of which I can definitely use more of. :lol:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Most of the minis in the current kits are not in the Bones line, so even the basic kit will need to be rewritten for the Bones Era.

Most of the minis in the current kits are not in the Bones line, so even the basic kit will need to be rewritten for the Bones Era.

...Bones Anhurians...

*drool*

• Like 8

Hey, Bugs, since I think I'm going to be the last Bones supporter shipped, should I have them shipped to you instead so that you can paint them, then send them on to me? You seem to burn through the painting, whereas they'll likely never get painted here...