Sign in to follow this  
JackMann

Metal Magic Ratcatcher

He's nearly done, but there are a few more things to do before I'm truly finished. I'll need to actually base him, and I may redo some bits to add some highlights and shading. Still, for a quick and dirty job, I think he came out pretty well.

ratcatcherfront.jpg

I call him Tybalt. Right now, he's just on the very basic round metal base they all come with. I'm probably going to make him my first attempt at removing a figure from that base and rebasing him. I've never actually created a base, so this will be... interesting. But there's no hurry. I'll probably do some more experiments with that before jumping straight into it. At the least, he looks pretty easy to remove from that base.

ratcatcherleft.jpg

Why yes, Mercutio, he will walk. I may or may add some more detail to the rats. They're pretty tiny, though. I may just try to give them some more texture. Drybrush some gray on them, maybe. I may add another coat or two of Walnut Brown to the shoes, and then a few highlights here and there.

ratcatcherright.jpg

Hmm, I now notice I forgot the buttons on his purse. Not sure if I'll give them a metallic. He's poor, so I might just mix some Intense Brown with some Walnut Brown and make them wooden buttons.

ratcatcherback.jpg

I'm definitely going to add some more highlights to the tunic and the pants. The mantle I think looks pretty good as it is, with the earthshade on it. I'm also pretty happy with the leg wraps. The bag will be entirely redone. I went with tanned skin, with some earthshade over it, but now I think I'm going to try to make it more leathery.

I don't know if it's the lighting or the color you chose but when I first glanced at the photos and the surprised look on his face it appeared to me that he was turning into metal from the base upward and as though his feet were already 'metalized'.

All right, done my first attempt at basing. I was convinced not to try removing the base at this point (since he's already painted, and it would be difficult to do so without damaging the paint job), so I just covered it all with flocking and hoped for the best.

ratcatcherbasefront_zpsb20cb7a4.jpg

ratcatcherbaseleft_zps92dca421.jpg

ratcatcherbaseright_zps17e7e061.jpg

ratcatcherbaseback_zps3b9f1434.jpg

That takes care of the base. Next, I'll fix up his shirt and pants a touch, and redo that bag.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      I was heavily inspired with Malefactus work and I wanted to paint a Goblin old style and sculpt / add some mushrooms.

The Goblin is from Metal Magic ( now OOP).
      The Mushrooms , some are sculpted ( the larger and the round ones) and the pointy ones are Resin from Ristul's Market.

My WIP for those interested.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/66981-goblin-with-mushrooms-metal-magic-by-xherman1964/?hl=bagpipe

The little guy has just consumed some mushrooms for inspiration on his latest musical creation. I wonder if the other Goblins will like his music.

Without further ado, the pics.

• By Glitterwolf
      Between my bigger projects ( Tuma and Stree Violence) I wanted to do something small.

Heavily inspired by Malefactus his Last Hurrah Project, I wanted to do something wih mushrooms and Goblins.
      I had this little Goblin Musician from Metal Magic laying around since the 90's , about time right?
      He is a nice little guy with a bagpipe,

I sculpted the base with Milliput and some mushrooms, and added some resin mushrooms from Ristul's Market.

Based ...
      More to follow soon,

• By Pingo
      This is a vintage circa. 1990 figure from Metal Magic, "Witch with Cat" C1017c (thanks to Xherman1964 who helped identify it!) from their set C1017, "Female Wizards".

I got it from the Box O' Goodwill project.

The original WIP thread is here.  I suspended work sometime in April and finished the figure in a speed paint over the Memorial Day weekend.
    • By Pingo
      First off, many thanks to those who helped me identify some of the stumpers here.

These are a couple of adventuring parties' worth of Old School lead figures and a few baddies, kindly slung my way by Doc Bedlam and the generous folks behind the Random Boxes O' Goodwill.  One remains unidentified, but most are known.  They mostly cluster around two dates, roughly 1980 or 1991.

I added a few women figures of roughly the same vintage to round the parties out.

Here are four classics from the utterly classic Grenadier set 5001, "Dungeon Explorers": the Bard, Paladin, Cleric Turning, and Ranger.

These are: a wizard FF2-A from Heritage Models set 1302, "Evil Wizards and Ring Wraiths";  RAFM's 3903 Ranger (Female), Ral Partha 01-319; "Elf Thief 3 Stage" 319b (stage two); and a fighter from from the Grenadier set 1414 "Fighting Men Champions".

The last group is: Grenadier A183, "Dwarf with Two-Handed Axe" from the Grenadier Set 1603, "Dwarves, Army of the Gold Mountain"; Ral Partha DF-122, "Female Thief with Dagger"; some glorious Ral Partha female fighter that I'm blanking on at the moment (watch this space), and an unknown ninja signed "Ridolfi" on the bottom of the base.

These are some opponents:  Goblin w/ Axe and Goblin w/ Sword from the Grenadier set AD&D 5002 "Monsters"; a Ral Partha D&D figure -- again, I have to double-check and he might not be intended to be a bad guy, but that's how I'm thinking of him; and the Metal Magic C1017c, "Witch with Cat".

• By Chaoswolf
      I honestly can't remember where I got this, or who made it, so if you know please let me know.

This is a quick speed paint/experiment. Other than primer, I did the whole thing with a succession of different washes, inks, and a little bit of drybrushing until it looked sufficiently grungy and disgusting. I think it took me about 2 hours all together.

C&C is always welcome.

• Who's Online   32 Members, 1 Anonymous, 304 Guests (See full list)