KS new sculpts

ReaperClark

Edit: I was just noticing the new pics of Kaladrax. You know, the filler doesn't necessarily have to be made glowy, or painted black, or cut out.. it could also be like a large fleshy sack of some kind, and the skeletal frame is protecting it.

Agreed, that's another option I was considering. Add some green stuff sinew connecting the gut sack with the ribs and what not, have some flesh just dangling down and you could make some awesomeness happen. I've already got my planned work for this miniature and I won't even have it for like 4 months!!!

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking

1st. Try hollowing out the ribs. Shorten the tail. Paint as a garden variety bone dragon. Glue black marble into open claw Add cheesy red rhinestone eyes.

2nd. Using heroclix limbs, heads and instant mold, put a legion of trapped souls in the rib filler. Might try some airbrush experiments to make glowing inner colours with blackened bones. While purple would be an interesting soul-stuff colour, I think bright green might be easier to work with and is just more rad.

blight300x225.jpg

Hmm.. you could use a dremmel with a bit large/small enough to fit between the ribs. Just remove a chunk of stuff and then glue in a skull or head (paint them first), then keep doing that till there's heads all over and then brush some glowy paint over them..

Now to find a good deal on heads/skulls. xD

Edit: Well if Reaper's paints are still the same, there's a free skull in each bottle. After we're done painting all the other minis we'll have 72 skulls if we use up all the paint... course we'll have to order more to paint Kaladrax after using it up just to get the skulls. xP

Edit 2: Why doesn't Reaper sell bulk skulls?

Hmm.. too expensive: http://www.reapermin.../sku-down/02611

Make them in bones plastic though and it would be perfect. I wish there were more skulls on the sprues.

There's tons of skulls on this: http://www.reapermin.../sku-down/74021

But unless it's made with bones plastic it would be a nightmare to cut them all off.

Do not like: http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/skulls/sku-down/74022

Too many are turned away, so there's no actual face.

• Artists

Reaper's paints now have a bead (non-corrosive material) agitator, as the rapid increase in the costs of pewter were really adding on that much to their costs if they kept on using pewter skull agitators.

• Like 1

It mentioned in the blog post about Cthulhu and the clockwork dragon also being in the shop. Can we see these two please?

I'd love,love,love. to see a couple picks of all the huge new sculpts together in the same picture..would be fantastic for sense of scale.

• Like 1

It mentioned in the blog post about Cthulhu and the clockwork dragon also being in the shop. Can we see these two please?

They showed both of these on the Kickstarter update threads. See update 76 for a look at Cthulhu and update 73 for a look at the clockwork dragon.

They showed both of these on the Kickstarter update threads. See update 76 for a look at Cthulhu and update 73 for a look at the clockwork dragon.

he was asking about the prototypes, not the greens.

I'm thinking

1st. Try hollowing out the ribs. Shorten the tail. Paint as a garden variety bone dragon. Glue black marble into open claw Add cheesy red rhinestone eyes.

2nd. Using heroclix limbs, heads and instant mold, put a legion of trapped souls in the rib filler. Might try some airbrush experiments to make glowing inner colours with blackened bones. While purple would be an interesting soul-stuff colour, I think bright green might be easier to work with and is just more rad.

blight300x225.jpg

Is that pic from Batman: Beyond?

• Like 1

he was asking about the prototypes, not the greens.

And getting to see them together with other minis, for scale.

Actually, that was me. But I can dream. ^_^

Yeah, when I originally made my post I was thinking of Nethyrmaul and the $25. $10 isn't nearly so bad.

I still feel free to 'woof' about the ribcage though. Now I'm going to 'howl at the moon', since my critical comments apparently make me a werewolf. x]

Actually I think any filler spaces on minis is uglytastic. It's extremely lazy of the sculptor. I can't think of any instance where it's a good idea. The only filler I need is when I'm putting two halves together, and what do I fill it with? That's for me to decide!

I'm not regretting not passing on it.

Also; I think it was a little inconsiderate of you to say that, and while I do agree that the thingy in the rib cage is ugly, it's not like you couldn't take a razor saw, dremmel and some GS to it to make it hollow.

and even if one lacks the skills to make that an option, they can always do something else creative with it, like someone else mentioned gluing arms and heads to it to make it look like it was full of damned souls or something.

I think, if anything, having it there opens up more conversion options.

(my new occupation is "the optimism fairy.")

• Like 1