KS new sculpts

ReaperClark

Bonesium™?! That is the coolest word I've read all day. (Even better than psoriasiform, if you must know) I had no idea the Bones had their own "element" heh heh. I forget there's a real chemistry side of miniature production. I thought miniatures sprang fully-formed on the miniature tree, picked by Reaper staff and sent to me before their expiration date. I can plant my bones, right? They'll grow into a bigger version of kaladrax named nethrymaul? :upside:

btw, thanks for the open jaw option- super!!

• Like 3

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a lot of text. Thank you for reading it, and feel free to ask for more data.
Thank you.That info makes the filled rib cage a LOT more understandable. I apologize for complaining.about it.

BTW which one of the face holes is the ocular cavity? Viewed from the side, there looks like there is are 4 might be eye holes side by side, but I'm having trouble visually picking out which one I'll put the gem eye into..

http://www.reapermini.com/misc/KS_kaladrax-1prototype.jpg

• Like 1

Awesome stuff.

Thanks Bryan. That's great information! Texturing the filler sounds like a great way to optimize a compromise.

So how aware of the manufacturing limitations known to the concept artists and green sculptors? Are they standards that are built around from the beginning, or do you let the artists run wild with an idea, then send it back for manufacturing limitation modifications? Are there any notable examples of sculpts that had to be sent back to the artists due to manufacturing issues? (That's not "what models didn't come out right" just "what models came out differently due to ...")

Another change we have requested is to have the fill-in with additional texture, as of rotting tissue, organs, skin, and muscle.

I doubt it'll count for much but my vote is for internal organs with maybe a little muscule.

That's a lot of text. Thank you for reading it, and feel free to ask for more data.
Thank you.That info makes the filled rib cage a LOT more understandable. I apologize for complaining.about it.

BTW which one of the face holes is the ocular cavity? Viewed from the side, there looks like there is are 4 might be eye holes side by side, but I'm having trouble visually picking out which one I'll put the gem eye into..

http://www.reapermin...-1prototype.jpg

It's the one that in that image appears to be the first hole. The others are various protrusions and illusions.

Awesome stuff.

Thanks Bryan. That's great information! Texturing the filler sounds like a great way to optimize a compromise.

So how aware of the manufacturing limitations known to the concept artists and green sculptors? Are they standards that are built around from the beginning, or do you let the artists run wild with an idea, then send it back for manufacturing limitation modifications? Are there any notable examples of sculpts that had to be sent back to the artists due to manufacturing issues? (That's not "what models didn't come out right" just "what models came out differently due to ...")

Most of our sculptors know the limitations with regards to undercuts etc. We work very closely with them, especially at ReaperCon and Artist Con to learn the limitations and reasons behind the mechanicals.

Any examples I might have would not be the same anymore, because we would have had them reworked before we released them, and to be honest I'm drawing a blank on anything that had to have any major reworking done to make it work in metal. I do know we had a few pieces for the Bones that had to have adjustments - the male elf Paladin raising his sword from the Original 30, notably. In metal, his shield was glued on to his arm, and as such had a hollow behind it. We filled that in, and made it so that it's a one piece casting in plastic, instead of taking up 2 places.

So a 90% filler, to avoid the full suction, wouldn't work?

Like a potato suspended by toothpicks in a bottle. It's an odd analogy, but whatever.

I've heard of a ship in a bottle..........but a potato in a bottle, the weak economy is hitting some people harder than others.

• Like 3