So having found some Tangerine Goblin Skin in my Ral Partha paints, I decided to try some out. I started two gobbers while waiting for my still MIA Ogre, and not knowing how much time I had before The Big Guy showed up I decided to focus on one and finish him.

So he's out of the Ral Partha TSR AD&D line, and here he is:

post-3313-0-77687800-1348178935_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

orange?

Tangerine. And laugh all you want, but it's an Official AD&D Paint Color.

So really, the rest of you have been painting your goblins wrong. Now if I can get my greedy goblin gloves on the remaining stocks of these 20+ year old paints, none of you will ever be able to paint goblins the official color again!

Mwa ha ha ha ha! Now the full horror of my villainous scheme is revealed! Tremble, tremble at the fruits of my diabolic plan!

Or just paint yours green. Could do that too, I guess.

• Like 5

I always love it when someone steps out of the line and changes the "Official" paint scheme - red ultramarines, black paladins of light, tangerine goblins...

It makes me think - it's your mini, your imagination, your vision....

Well done sir, your orange tangerine goblin is so cool :)

• Like 1

I always love it when someone steps out of the line and changes the "Official" paint scheme - red ultramarines, black paladins of light, tangerine goblins...

It makes me think - it's your mini, your imagination, your vision....

Well done sir, your orange tangerine goblin is so cool :)

But I didn't change the official paint scheme. That's what I'm sayin. This is the official paint scheme! Ral Partha Paints AD&D 77-768 Goblin Flesh Tangerine. There are no other goblin colours listed. So if Drow Flesh is what drows look like, and Behir Blue is what they look like - then Goblins were intended to be this colour. Painting them any other colour is changing the official paint scheme.

Has your mind turned inside-out yet?

Indeed buglips! "A sane person to an insane society must appear insane". Also, I've always wanted to go back and paint a bunch of monster minis using the color schemes from the old D&D module covers.

But I didn't change the official paint scheme. That's what I'm sayin. This is the official paint scheme! Ral Partha Paints AD&D 77-768 Goblin Flesh Tangerine. There are no other goblin colours listed. So if Drow Flesh is what drows look like, and Behir Blue is what they look like - then Goblins were intended to be this colour. Painting them any other colour is changing the official paint scheme.

Has your mind turned inside-out yet?

ok then, let me rephrase :)

99% of orcs and goblins I see are green. It's cool to see a tangerine goblin from time to time :)

I accept this as fact henchforth.

• Like 1

Indeed buglips! "A sane person to an insane society must appear insane". Also, I've always wanted to go back and paint a bunch of monster minis using the color schemes from the old D&D module covers.

One of the things I always thought would be fun/cool (cool in a very focused nerdlike sense) would be to paint my way through the first AD & D Monster Manual. I don't know if I'd ever get around to doing it, as I'm naturally distracted by other shiny metal objects, but the thought is always there. Plus I don't know how exciting it would be to paint ants for example.

I like tangerines personally, but only when they don't bite back.

It makes me wonder where they got the idea of tangerine/green/black or whatever colours are officially 'chosen' for their mini goblins/orcs etc from in the first place? I'm trying to think back through the early fantasy stuff I've come across - i'm not even sure if Tolkien prescribed the orcs or goblins as being any particular colour. If someone can find a (even better the first ever) quote from somewhere that says something like "and the goblins did assail them visciously, and they did have nasty tangerine skin in both texture and colour."

• Like 1