Sign in to follow this  
talion78

Otherworld Indiegogo Campaign

Can I just ask if people here have received their rewards from this campaign (aside from Nocturne above, who seems to have gotten his one mini already in February ::):), I'm getting a bit worried about this one. According to the last update, everything from phase I was supposed to have been shipped out a couple weeks ago. There has been no word from the project creator for a month now, neither on the Indiegogo comments section or the Otherworld forums (people are starting to sound grumpy). Also, there are some people on the Otherworld forums asking about orders placed way back in April (with no reply).

I still really like Otherworld Miniatures but It is sad that we are coming up on 2 years late.    :down:

Oh well as a whole we are still way better off with OW than CSM.    :wacko:

Awesome old school mini KS's must have a curse like dragons gold.   :;,;:

• Like 1

I think the problem might be lack of planning on creators side.... but that said yes... not nearly as bad as CSM... but still very very frustrating.  And that said as someone who has their minis...

Nice minis.  Great cases.  Very very slow delivery!

The lack of communication is what hurts. I've had kickstarters go south and I would much rather be informed. I would much rather hear "we shipped X this month, and have Y left to ship" or "I miscalculated the shipping costs. If you are willing to pay extra for shipping please contact us. Otherwise I will be shipping out X a month out of my other funds" (two examples from kickstarters that had problems) than hear Nothing.

• Like 1

Oh yeah!  Good communications means you are generally a lot more patient & accepting!

I can't understand why Otherworld aren't talking. It must truly be hurting business.

People have been asking for how much shipped/how much left for years, but they refuse to answer.

I imagine it would have been better to make a loan of 5000$ or whatever is needed, and just produce and ship the stuff, rather than expecting to let profit off a much smaller sale income cover it.

Otherworld are alienating their customer base this way, something I think is extremely sad. They have great products and also great products in the pipeline. I would love to see them reach their full potential!

Well by this time saying nothing is (sadly) the best thing they can do (except for saying 'I have now sent everything out, KS fulfilled')

everybody effected is well and truly fed up with them by no, so there is little real possibility of salvaging this set of buyers

KS liabilities probably outweigh the liquid (or total) assets of the business 

and any communication will remind the backers who have forgotten/given up on this already they are owed something and all it would take is one of them to react by reaching for a lawyer for the whole business to be scuppered

so keep quite (and keep shipping what they can when they can to those who are complaining in private or complaining or just  active on KS)

Shipments seem to be happening finally.  Received mine (level 7) today.   There are a few others on Otherworld forums reporting seeing shipments.   Hope everyone gets their stuff soon!

• Like 2

Can this be closed? Are there folks here still waiting?

I have not received every last item, so I am still waiting.

I'm curious what you're still waiting for. I received all the adventurer minis and some of the accessory minis but never did receive them all. Pretty much gave up on those a long time ago now.

I'm curious what you're still waiting for. I received all the adventurer minis and some of the accessory minis but never did receive them all. Pretty much gave up on those a long time ago now.

I am waiting for

campsite

cart,mule gear and fallen comrade

crates, boxes, sacks and barrels

slain adventures

seated magic user

I am waiting for

campsite

cart,mule gear and fallen comrade

crates, boxes, sacks and barrels

slain adventures

seated magic user

It's been awhile and I was wondering if anyone had anything new to report.

Oh, crud I forgot to post.  I got the last of the items in October, I think.

I emailed and said that I wanted to place a store order but only when the last of the indiegogo items were ready.  He emailed me back about 2 weeks later and said the items were ready and so I ordered a few items from the store and it all came.

Like I said before

I still really like Otherworld Miniatures but It is sad that we are over 2 years late.    :down:

I placed another small store order in Jan and it came in Feb, took about the same amount of time as all my other orders with Otherworld over the years. So he just really did a bad job on this indiegogo campaign.

More than likely hurt his business more than it helped.  

• Like 1

Oh, crud I forgot to post.  I got the last of the items in October, I think.

I emailed and said that I wanted to place a store order but only when the last of the indiegogo items were ready.  He emailed me back about 2 weeks later and said the items were ready and so I ordered a few items from the store and it all came.

Like I said before

I still really like Otherworld Miniatures but It is sad that we are over 2 years late.    :down:

I placed another small store order in Jan and it came in Feb, took about the same amount of time as all my other orders with Otherworld over the years. So he just really did a bad job on this indiegogo campaign.

More than likely hurt his business more than it helped.

It made me way more leery about buying Otherworld figures, despite really liking the frost giant and unicorns I initially got.

Ugh -- We need a thread of successful IGG campaigns.

Creator James Mathe has written an article why creator's shouldn't use IGG (less funding than KS), and IGG has a reputation of less reputable products than KS (haven't heard of any for miniatures or boardgames).