The other 570k

naponatom

Reading the other topics here (and in the updates commentaries) I read that Reaper was prepared to go even further than 4 million in the pledges.

So, I was wondering what was the other stretch goals? No more than one or two (last leap was 540k), but if is there something more amazing than Kaldrax and great C´tulhu I don´t know.

Any ideas?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll likely never know. Reaper has said before (during the campaign) that they'd no reveal stretch goals beyond what was hit so as not to disappoint anyone by "what could have been." As for the actual items at specific $ amounts, from what I saw, they were adjusting the end on the fly. If we'd somehow been on-track to go higher than $4M, we probably would have seen something else, and then those last two big ones at the end. That is entirely supposition on my part.

~v

As with the other poster this is just a guess, but if they had other ideas on the backburner it would seem reasonable to think it would be part of the regular line at some point. I understand and respect the decision not to reveal "thus and so COULD have been yours if the price was right." It's good manners and good business not to rub that in. But I can't help but speculate that if they had done up a cool concept they wouldn't just chunk it in the trashcan.

Ha! I agree that if we had more time, probably the Kalarax return and Great C´thulu would be stretched further away, and perhaps in between we had other 4 or 5 miniatures gather with something in common (water elementals, wereanimals, devils, aberrations, and the last iconic Pathfinder set), closing with the big two.

There's a NerdHerder (?) podcast with a Reaper KS interview which touches upon this. Basically, they passed the point where they could add po mini's to the Vampire and Undertaker levels, without making really high stretch levels. So they dropped mounted cavalry (?) and offered the Cthulhu and undead dragon Options.

From what they've said, they're not exactly making a profit on this. But they're not exactly taking a loss, either.

Basically, we're paying partway (with the money left over after shipping our rewards) for the molds. The rest of the money comes from Reaper. We're just making it cheap enough that they can afford it without making their accountants clutch their chests and yell "I'm comin', Elizabeth!"