Tranquil Ape

Archangel 28SF0043 - Scibor

So I decided on my next project...a mini from scibor that I had to have as soon as I saw it... mostly.. the product can be found here but i can tell you now there is no way I'm painting it to look like that. I mean the paint job is really good quality but way to much goldy gold for me. Not sure how hell turn out yet, as you can see I am in the process of stripping my attempt at pearlescent armor and the primer off.

I've also included the accompanying wings, base and head. (sorry for the depth of field issues...i'm using a close up filter and still getting the hang of it)

post-7704-0-08131300-1348866127_thumb.jpgpost-7704-0-75845000-1348866142_thumb.jpg

post-7704-0-70924300-1348866163_thumb.jpg

Here you can see the wings that came with, but, and i mean no disrespect to the sculptor, the wings don't look that great to me... I might try to find a pair that look more anatomically correct like these for example. Really don't think the included ones will make it onto the final piece.

post-7704-0-92205600-1348866168_thumb.jpg

I love this base but for some reason it doesn't strike me as a good match for the mini... I am going to try to scratch build something (wish me luck, it will be a first)

post-7704-0-80665300-1348866173_thumb.jpgpost-7704-0-55149900-1348866184_thumb.jpg

And here we have the poor schmuck who stood in the way of my kickstarter pledge manager :)

post-7704-0-60786600-1348866189_thumb.jpg

I will try to take photos periodically between sessions. but I plan to take this one slowly...

was putting the mini away when I realized that without the wings there was a big smooth spot on the back of Archie (its what he's become known as) so...

post-7704-0-66214600-1348869139_thumb.jpgpost-7704-0-95195600-1348869119_thumb.jpg

first time for anything like this, hell i can hardly paint, and I don't think the pattern matches a hundred percent but I treat it as a learning experience...

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.