Kudos to Reaper for the Pledge Manager

badocter

Everything went very smooth for me, I use a modified Firefox.

622 minis, not counting the Year of Metal. Ye Gods.

I'll echo the sentiment of this KS really re-kindling the fire to get painting again. I had started last year (with 1 mini painted), but having this avalanche of mini goodness got me motivated to set up a dedicated paint area and get crackin'! And I'm almost done with 1 mini in just over a month!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, once the nice people informed me IE sucks, I was good to go. I found it very easy to use, and the running tally was great. I'd made notes as the Kickstarter progressed because both myself and my husband had selections for different things we are doing. Then when we realized the RPM was going up after another payday, renegotiations opened. So the fact it begins a "you owe" tally once you finished off your pledge money was very helpful. Everything lined up perfectly with the notes and math I'd done by hand.

I encountered a small issue in Safari on my iPad where it doesn't want to show me the running total box fully unless I am a) on a fresh page load (like, when the RPM first comes up, or I proceed to the next page), or b) when I scroll back to the top, and force my browser to swipe to the right. The quirk is an annoyance at best, but figured it was worth mentioning if anyone else encountered the issue and hadn't discovered the latter work around.

~v

I encountered a small issue in Safari on my iPad where it doesn't want to show me the running total box fully unless I am a) on a fresh page load (like, when the RPM first comes up, or I proceed to the next page), or b) when I scroll back to the top, and force my browser to swipe to the right. The quirk is an annoyance at best, but figured it was worth mentioning if anyone else encountered the issue and hadn't discovered the latter work around.

~v

I am also experiencing this. However, I don't like to do transactions on something as sensitive as my iPad because something usually goes wrong.

While I think it is funny that the PM didn't work in IE, I'm not sure if that was a programmer issue or if IE is just crappy.

I'm a web developer. IE is a pain. They regularly change details of how JavaScript works even between minor versions. So something may work on version 9.0.15 but not work 9.0.16 and on 9.0.17 it does something different again. It is very difficult to test just because of how many versions you have to test for. I'd highly recommend using Google Chrome, it is much better about working the way the standards and documentation says it does.

• Super Administrators

While I think it is funny that the PM didn't work in IE, I'm not sure if that was a programmer issue or if IE is just crappy.

Judging by how well the pledge manager was laid out and the like, I'm thinking it is the latter.

By the way, how do I get my forum badge?

The forum badges are coming later. Invision board isn't very forthcoming with a way to mass load those. But the avatar trick works well, too.

By the way, the downloads for the vampire backers are also coming. They'll be downloadable from your same RPM link as before on your "Success" page.

• Like 1

• Super Administrators

~v

Fixed elements can be dodgy on mobile Safari. Sorry.

Not a problem, kit. Actually, I wasn't expecting a fix (hence why I didn't post it in the issues thread), but rather just wanted to let other know about a work around if they encountered a similar issue.

I, too, will actually process my RPM order from my desktop. But the link came to my work addy, which I check on the iPad, so I couldn't wait a second longer to at least look at. :;):

~v

Edited by Shakandara