I'm not going to restrict anything anybody wants to paint. If you want to ask the person I've paired you with, you can PM them to see if they have a branding preference. But to my knowledge, we have people running across several different ranges for our little gathering :;):

**** In retrospect, my deviousness may be entirely uncalled for - since Reaper does let us play here and is extremely tolerant of our various shenanigans. So, given that, I will be painting a Reaper-only figure for this exchange and subsequent ones organized here. Seems only fair to Reaper.

• Like 2

Alright, I've got just about everything the way I like it, so I decided I would post our first pictures of the event! Here he is, Sir Baxter, Knight of Awesome! A few final little touchups and I should be good to mail him off today or tomorrow.

post-8231-0-11124200-1349982704_thumb.jpg

post-8231-0-95649800-1349982707_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Awsome! Great job Recruittons. Lots of detail on the base.

BTW, who got me :lol: .

I'll help if there are any stray minis that need to be painted and sent out. Just let me know. Mines in the works as to and is a conversion as well :blush::B): .

Thanks guys! I appreciate the kind words. I worked almost as hard on the base as I did on the mini. :lol:

So, I think I've learned quite a bit about organizing exchanges thus far, and I'm writing a few more questions into the initial questionnaire that should make the next one more fun and to smooth out some wrinkles I encountered during the setup.

What do you guys think of this?

Name:

Address:

What you can paint (monsters, PCs, women, undead, demons, etc):

What you want (Mouslings, necromancers, warriors, dual-wielders, etc):

What you DON'T want (gross, nudity, undead, kobolds, animals):

Material you want to receive? Bones, Resin, Metal, or Any

Scenic base,, simple base, plain base, or unbased?:

Will you ship internationally?:

Would you like to remain anonymous from your recipient?:

Would you be willing to paint and receive multiple miniatures?:

It takes away a lot of the ambiguity away and allows for me to announce the names of the people who don't really care about their mini being a surprise.

What do you think?

@Recruittons: I like the questionairre. It gets a lot of the important issues out of the way at the start. Also, you should definitely include yourself even though your organizing the exchange. What fun is it otherwise? And I think we can trust you not to make Patrick paint yours.... I think. ;)

Honestly, I kind of enjoy managing the logistics. Even without the painting aspect, I honestly enjoy seeing this thing happen. Makes me feel good!

@Recruittons: I like the questionairre. It gets a lot of the important issues out of the way at the start. Also, you should definitely include yourself even though your organizing the exchange. What fun is it otherwise? And I think we can trust you not to make Patrick paint yours.... I think. ;)

LOL, He's involved :ph34r: .

• Like 1

I'll be honest, I don't even know who Patrick is :lol:! Is that someone in the exchange? The only professional painter I know of participating is Martin. All I know of everyone's work is what I've seen here on this forum.

I'll be honest, I don't even know who Patrick is :lol:! Is that someone in the exchange? The only professional painter I know of participating is Martin. All I know of everyone's work is what I've seen here on this forum.

My bad. Wrong artist. I think I'm thinking of the sculptor, not the painter. I is dumb. :D

That base look pretty awesome on the knight. I was pondering how much to do with my base and I am now decided. :)

Would you like to remain anonymous from your recipient?:

Part of a mini exchange is the surprise. You don't know who's painting for you, or what you're getting until it arrives. Knowing ahead of time is a bit like knowing what you're getting for Christmas before you unwrap it.

I think it should remain anonymous, and would prefer that whomever drew my name not say anything about it until I receive it.