Would you like to remain anonymous from your recipient?:

Part of a mini exchange is the surprise. You don't know who's painting for you, or what you're getting until it arrives. Knowing ahead of time is a bit like knowing what you're getting for Christmas before you unwrap it.

I think it should remain anonymous, and would prefer that whomever drew my name not say anything about it until I receive it.

Hmm, with that sentiment, I believe I'll also include:

Would you like to know who is painting for you?:

in the questionnaire. Then I'll be able to send that to everyone's painter, letting them know that their recipient would like it if the beans were not spilled!

I would also prefer not to know what I'm getting until it arrives.

I also believe that since this is Reaper's forum, any paint exchanges organized here should be limited to Reaper figures.

• Like 1

I had to check, but yeah - the last one does specify Reaper only. Well, I haven't ordered mine yet and the preference does cover Reaper releases. I can flex it if we figure this out.

I know Reaper's tolerant of other brands in WIP and show-off, but contests are Reaper-only. Is there a rule on this? This is the first one of these I've been in, so I don't know - and if there is it would make sense enough (it's also one of the considerations I had in mind with the Group WIP and why I specified a Reaper figure). Now would be a good time to figure that out.

Well, probably earlier in the thread would have been a good time to figure it out - but you know what I mean. It's a good time for me anyway, I can't buy nothin until next week.

*Edit: this does also have the advantage of giving me back the surprise factor. Mwa ha ha ha ha.

• Like 2

I would also prefer not to know what I'm getting until it arrives.

I also believe that since this is Reaper's forum, any paint exchanges organized here should be limited to Reaper figures.

I have to agree. This is an exchange on the manufacturer's forums. It should stay with Reaper's minis.

I may be alone on this, but I would actually be rather upset to do an exchange on Reaper's forums, and get some other company's model.

• Like 1

Fair enough! I hadn't considered the fact that this forum is a specific miniatures manufacturer, so I'll make it a rule if/when I run another one of these. Sorry for the confusion, this is my first time doing this. And I've added a request for painter anonymity into my initial questionnaire so if you want to be surprised, it will be made clear to the person painting for you that you don't want it spoiled.

Fair enough! I hadn't considered the fact that this forum is a specific miniatures manufacturer, so I'll make it a rule if/when I run another one of these. Sorry for the confusion, this is my first time doing this.

No worries. I wasn't trying to beat anyone up. And if I made you feel like it, I apologize. This is supposed to be about having fun, after all :)

Well anyway, I sent a message to my other participants that we should make it Reaperfigs in case they don't wander back in here (and also a surprise, because I hadn't thought of that). I don't know how far along my sender is. Anyway, we'll just make that clearer next time one of these goes up. Even if it's not a spelled out rule, it is a good courtesy to our hosts.

I don't think I've ever actually seen it as a written rule in any of the multitude of exchanges I have done. It's just always been accepted as an unwritten rule, that you support the product of the site that the exchange is hosted on. Unless it's a general minis site, like CMON to TMP, anyways.

Again, not trying to beat anyone up. And we do thank you, recruittons, for organizing this.

Well anyway, I sent a message to my other participants that we should make it Reaperfigs in case they don't wander back in here (and also a surprise, because I hadn't thought of that). I don't know how far along my sender is. Anyway, we'll just make that clearer next time one of these goes up. Even if it's not a spelled out rule, it is a good courtesy to our hosts.

Agreed.

And Amalor: I didn't feel beat up, I just feel a little ashamed that didn't think of it myself! I'd hate for anyone at Reaper to feel slighted that I'm running an event on their home forums and not thinking of them.

So yeah, I think on my next one, I'll at the very least strongly encourage Reaper minis as the focus of the exchange. This is Reaper's house. I am but a humble guest ^_^

Oh! And on a lighter note, my mini is now in the mail, so Sir Baxter will have a new home soon! I hope he makes lots of friends. I'd hate for him to be lonely without me.

I'm surprised it didn't occur to me, since when I was organizing the Group WIP I thought "people are prolly gonna have to buy something for this, so it has to be Reaper gettin the bizness" - but when I came in here my brain gnomes went on break.

Left to fend for myself, my puny goblin brain got so far as "paint is not cookies, cookies is yum" and then I spent the next three hours fantasizing about double stuf oreos.

Hey, we all live and learn. That's what painting minis is all about anyways: learning :)

That said, my faithful succubus minion has picked out a mini for me to work on. With luck, I'll have a couple hours next week to work on it.

Learn? Goblins don't learn. Everything I need to know about life I picked up my first day of Kinderswamp (specifically: boogers is tasty, dwarves is gross, elves is grosser). That's how I managed to graduate top of my class with a solid F+ average.

• Like 2

My exchange piece is a reaper figure as I assumed it was an unwritten rule. Oh and while I'm at it I picked my color scheme and began sketching it out. Hoping to put some paint on the mini tomorrow, looking forward to this one as it is a figure a bit out of my normal comfort zone.

• Like 1