A frightening realization

Foxden Racing

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and "Mint in Package" is a big deal in collector's circles

I have a tendency to horrify other Partha collectors, because even if I pay triple digits for a mint in blister figure it's not going to stay in that blister.

I considered, for my own sick amusement, creating a YouTube channel where all I do is buy expensive collectibles mint in package and open them. Slowly. And then play with them.

"Hello YouToobers . . . so I won a mint condition AFA 90 Storm Shadow at auction for $5,000 and I'd like to take a minute to tell you about why this figure is so special and collectible - and then I'm going to crack open the case, rip open the package, and wallow in your screams and tears."

• Like 7

and "Mint in Package" is a big deal in collector's circles

I have a tendency to horrify other Partha collectors, because even if I pay triple digits for a mint in blister figure it's not going to stay in that blister.

I considered, for my own sick amusement, creating a YouTube channel where all I do is buy expensive collectibles mint in package and open them. Slowly. And then play with them.

"Hello YouToobers . . . so I won a mint condition AFA 90 Storm Shadow at auction for $5,000 and I'd like to take a minute to tell you about why this figure is so special and collectible - and then I'm going to crack open the case, rip open the package, and wallow in your screams and tears."

I admire you

Little metal men exist to be played with, painted and/or tipped into a huge tub of their brethrin

I wouldn't want mini I couldn't use

It doesn't quite run to the thousands (probably only hundreds) but I have unwrapped OOP Cyberhobby 1/35 kits just to read the instructions....... devaluing them, and even built one or two as well

But we have a girl here who is looking for starfish a mere tenth of an inch to build a tidal pool for a mini, when she has barely started. Some of you guys have THOUSANDS of minis waiting for attention. There's the fella who painted SIX MM dwarves by the ton!

But have they ever intentionally used their own blood for bloodied swords and blood-splattered armor? :B):

I used to regularly dip some of my minis' weapons in real blood rather than paint it on back when I first started, and have since occasionally used a very small drop of blood in place of water to thin red paint...

(I'm fairly certain that if fantasy magic ever becomes real, several of my friends are suddenly going to be found dead, murdered by tiny ninjas and skeletons, lol...)

I sold several MIP Ronin Warriors not long ago. I had them in storage for at least 10 years. Do I care what happened to them? Nope, not really. I basically got paid extra $$$ just for tossing some rather ugly action figures in a plastic tub and keeping them for the next owner. ::D:

Plus the money went towards purchasing a bunch of Bones minis. ^_^

Actually I think it would be fun to see people open their priceless collectibles on youtube. xD

It's the same thing as "Will it blend?". I love watching expensive things get destroyed. It's extremely wasteful, it's honestly shameful towards our culture that we enjoy waste. But it's so delicious and I can't get enough of that stuff! If I could watch someone melt down a bunch of old Ral Partha Takhisis models in order to cast a pewter placemat, I'd watch. It would be delicious decadence, like a triple fudge cake for the eyes.

It's the same thing as "Will it blend?". I love watching expensive things get destroyed. It's extremely wasteful, it's honestly shameful towards our culture that we enjoy waste. But it's so delicious and I can't get enough of that stuff! If I could watch someone melt down a bunch of old Ral Partha Takhisis models in order to cast a pewter placemat, I'd watch. It would be delicious decadence, like a triple fudge cake for the eyes.

Whoa, whoa, whoa - let's not get crazy here. That's Takhisis you're talkin about. That's history and heritage that needs to be preserved! That's different.