• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So my silver became a little more workable with the addition of some water, but it's still a bit thick and gritty, and streaks quite a bit... I'm sticking with it for this anhurian, but I doubt I'll use it after, since I've got like 8 different silver-steel-iron-etc. metallics from other companies on my desk.

post-8809-0-87221800-1367195506_thumb.jpgpost-8809-0-75308800-1367195670_thumb.jpg

Now! The rat! When I primed him I was like "Meh, rat, whatever", but since virtually everything I've painted thus far has been humanoid, he was actually a LOT of fun! There's something to be said for changing it up once in a while with a nice ugly beastie.

It should also be noted at this point that I am AWFUL at taking pics at every phase of progress with these things. I just don't have the patience to stop painting and take pictures as I go, so the documenting of the process is a little spotty.

1) Basecoat of intense brown and tanned flesh

2) walnut wash

post-8809-0-14779400-1367195838_thumb.jpgpost-8809-0-46194400-1367195866_thumb.jpg

3) intense brown drybrush, tanned flesh drybrush, carnage red on warts/boils/whatever

4) another walnut wash, more subtle intense brown drybrush, tanned flesh drybrush on warts, white spot for extra gross. Teeth white and washed with walnut, claws white, base in grass green, and I mixed a grey for the stones, because they don't actually say what to do with them, but I'd managed to cover them in paint from earlier steps, so had to do something.

post-8809-0-39755500-1367196321_thumb.jpgpost-8809-0-55077600-1367196365_thumb.jpg

That's about it! They're "done" as far as the LTPK is concerned. I'm going to do a few little additions and touch ups, and post them to my ongoing showoff thread.

I can't decide about basing... I don't like the anhurian's broccoli, but he's painted, so grinding it off would be dumb. Hmm.

• Like 7

Alright throwing in here since I just started the project.

I have some more starting pics but they are on a different comp so we'll start a little late.

Here is the Anhurian after removing flashing and cutting out some of the metal behind his leg.

IMG_4920_zps0f161f54.jpg IMG_4921_zpsbfb29cb2.jpg

Primed and Ready

IMG_4925_zpsaab58d5c.jpg

• Like 2

My wife and I have started to learn how to paint minis. I did it for a short period nearly 25 years ago, back when there was nowhere near the resources available now. [Edit: got pics! http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/49581-show-off-your-first-mini/?p=723650]

We didn't have adequate lighting and no magnification for these ones. Hopefully our attempts at L2PK2 where we will have more of both will show an improvement.

Looking at the the soldier and the rat under magnification now shows us all our little mistakes. Still, we're just considering it a small step on a long journey!

Here's our results:

f3t11c.jpg

dzcymb.jpg

jil1dw.jpg

3589fz8.jpg

2ypnalz.jpg

30ix4w9.jpg

Edited by lankwell
  • Like 7

We didn't have adequate lighting and no magnification for these ones. Hopefully our attempts at L2PK2 where we will have more of both will show an improvement.

Magnification or not, even in dim light, these look quite well done!
  • Like 1