The Kickstarter you have been waiting for - Werner Klocke

Heisler

I hate you people. I don't even play this game but the minis look so awesome. They have a SKELETON MONKEY and this stuff isn't guaranteed to be available later. Maybe I can put the kid to work or have a yard sale or something................ I mean a skeleton monkey, really!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The (potential) issues with Indiegogo are down to the funding method they use.

Paypal may be more user friendly for some BUT you are charged immediately rather than when the KS ends. And because you've been charged changing your funding is more complicated with the project creator having to authorise refunds individually (if they have time.....)

There is also an issue in that Indiegogo have two funding models,

FIXED which is like KS, reach the target or the campaign fails (Werner's using this method) and

FLEXABLE, which means they keep your cash even if the target is missed, and use it to get as far as they can. So you could be left with them spending all their cash on commisoining art and sculpts, but being unable to acutally make moulds and cast them for you (but they'd be expected to keep trying to raise more money to complete the project)

Finally since it's not a USA centric service residents of the USA can be upset when they are expected to pay shipping (not an issue here, Werner's includes P&P, and not an issue for those in the rest of the world who usually have to pay shipping anyway)

The (potential) issues with Indiegogo are down to the funding method they use.

Paypal may be more user friendly for some BUT you are charged immediately rather than when the KS ends. And because you've been charged changing your funding is more complicated with the project creator having to authorise refunds individually (if they have time.....)

This

FLEXIBLE, which means they keep your cash even if the target is missed

and this

Also, I don't like their comment thing. I've backed one of these and the people running it are answering questions I can't see. I really really dislike the hidden comment thing.

the one That I'm backing, I backed before I realised that it was different from kickstarter. I may back others, but If I do, I'll be waiting until the last day and see how it goes. Obviously that doesn't help them reach goals, but I don't like their model and won't buy into it.

The issue is that you need to be US based to use kickstarter, so all of the foreign ones are going to be somewhere else.

Indigogo takes money out of our account at the time of the pledge as it's not a pledge but pre-orders or paying for something. If you want to cancel you have to go via paypal.

Yeah, no thanks. :)

Love me some Klocke minis but I'm not a fan of what I've been reading about gogo.

I would probably pledge something if it weren't for the horrible timing. Really can't afford it right now.

Yeah, this would basically be xmas for myself, and I'd much rather splurge on the 2.5 year old.

I've had no problems with GoGo but that's because I've only supported established stuff via it, also I can budget the money I spend so I don't have to worry about trying to cancel it. Kickstarter has a lot of the same risks, only it's less cumbersome to use. It is different than kickstarter in really only two different ways as far as games are concerned:

1) You are making a commitment to buy, just like Ebay, but you're waiting 6 months to get what you ordered.

2) To add extra to your pledge you just have to pick another level and pay it straight out, there's no one master total that the person running the fund raiser gets per person--each are separate orders.

Also, just an FYI, Kickstarter is allowing people in England to run campaigns starting the end of this month.

Ah, OK, good to know how Indigogo works. I don't know if it'll keep me from pledging (though it will at least make me wait until it's a little farther along), but if I do decide to go in on this one at least now I'll be informed. Thanks!

• Like 1

Yup the key with Indiegogo is only to back when you are SURE

(and personally I'd stay away from any FLEXABLE funding campaigns) but it's otherwise OK

It's good that KS will be available to UK companies without a US partner (more free shipping for me, and no customs worries for any European), and hopefully they'll open it up to the rest of the EU soon too.

Now Kickstarter just have to open the options up to the rest of the world... (even if they stick to USD for the currency. In fact, I'd be happier if they'd done that for UK - it would mean you wouldn't have to pay attention to the currency type, just the amounts)

I've been tempted by Freebooter's Fate for years, but a little put off by the price being up to $20ish for standard figures in multipacks (and higher still for singles). Might go in for this lot if it gets enough stretch goals.

• Like 1

Wow. Almost 8k. This could end up beating out Bushido as the most funded miniatures game in Indigogo. Bushido raised 28.5k

One thing that annoys me with Indigogo, and this isn't indigogo's fault as far as I can tell, is the creators rarely post updates as things go on (though Bushido and this one are different) and non that I've funded every post updates as to the progress after funding has ended. Since it's more of a pre-order instead of a "you're our partners" mentality there I guess no one feels obligated to do it.

If it actually included the game rules and other options needed to play at the $100 mark I'd be inclined to invest. But 6 minis for $100 including postage is just not enough.

I don't mind the price but to NOT have an option to get the rulebook at a discount so that, you know, you can play the game seems a bit odd. Several other kickstarters allow purchase of existing items so that you can get a faction together.