Matbar

Unique figures

Kevin's new Monadain is one of the most visually interesting pieces I have seen.  It has so much movement and life (considering it is undead).  I plan on painting this for 2016 ReaperCon:

03725_w_1.jpg

Wow. What kind of a blister pack does that come in? :blink:

• Like 2

The only problem with it is that the upper swoop is all a lightning like spell effect, which means lots of intense OSL. OSL is fine and everything, but it makes me have to think, and that's hard. <as said in my whiny teen voice>

OSL?

Maybe it needs some assembly Pingo....although the store does not show components.

:huh:

@Etherial: OSL=Object Source Lighting—Talespinner is contemplating painting the mini as if it is lit by its own spell effect (lightning).

Edited by TGP
  • Like 2

Kevin's new Monadain is one of the most visually interesting pieces I have seen.  It has so much movement and life (considering it is undead).  I plan on painting this for 2016 ReaperCon:

03725_w_1.jpg

Wow. What kind of a blister pack does that come in? :blink:

It comes in 4 parts:

- Base

- Lower torso, legs, and trailing cloak

- Upper body

- Spell effect

• Like 3

For unique figures I like to make my own.

For example: This one Partick Keith sculpted from my inspiration piece based on this guy.

03507_w_1.jpg14021_G.jpg11863241_10206524172016235_1963370040512

These two SKUs are great for making unique models.

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/03334/sku-down/03334

(The example conversions shown for this one I did in about 5 miniutes each.  I didn't make the joints seemless as these were just examples)

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/conversion/sku-down/03440

This search shows you way more options:

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/conversions

I used Collin/Shad Coalshadow for one of my first conversions.

For the record, I never did get around to painting him :lol:

Edited by Qwyksilver
  • Like 4

The only problem with it is that the upper swoop is all a lightning like spell effect, which means lots of intense OSL. OSL is fine and everything, but it makes me have to think, and that's hard. <as said in my whiny teen voice>

Actually, I've sort of bass-ackwards solved the OSL issue...  ::D: 

I've done that by deciding that having only one long thing of lightning just didn't look right and plan to bust out the wire and greenstuff to extend the other three coming out of the ring to about the same size all pointed in different directions... Because there's no such thing as just too epic, right? :rolleyes:

I'm planning to do him up as a mostly incorporeal figure, with almost a monochrome palette (shades of green, yellow, and white, maybe some light blue on the lightning if I can figure out a good way to work it in.

Not that I'll ever get around to actually painting him, mind you...

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 4

Uh, wow.

Here's Boren Backslap, by Bob Olley.

He appears to be a one-eyed dwarf ratcatcher with a feral cat buddy. He's got a little rat cage, a staff hung with dead rats, and a fur cape made of guess-what, complete with tails and, it looks like, heads.

How have I never seen him before?

He is a dorf, and because you didn't want to get stuffed in the cage? :poke:

Or is he the Goblin version of the "Good Humor" ice cream man? ::P:

8)

George

Don't forget the No Longer in Catalog download too!

Just can't seem to be able to find it....

Spug the Space Pug

There is no image in the Reaper store. There is no image online. The only picture of it I have eve seen is in Morihalda's post here, which is what inspired me to get my own copy.

It is a little pug dog wrapped in a blanket, its grinning face, front paws, and curly little tail sticking out, sitting with its paws on probably the controls of a little flying frisbee-saucer which is in turn raised on a little cone of exhaust lines and tiny spherical smoke-bubbles.

It is ridiculously adorable, which I am sure must be the point.

• Like 3

Spug the Space Pug

There is no image in the Reaper store. There is no image online. The only picture of it I have eve seen is in Morihalda's post here, which is what inspired me to get my own copy.

It is a little pug dog wrapped in a blanket, its grinning face, front paws, and curly little tail sticking out, sitting with its paws on probably the controls of a little flying frisbee-saucer which is in turn raised on a little cone of exhaust lines and tiny spherical smoke-bubbles.

It is ridiculously adorable, which I am sure must be the point.

That's a strange one alright. I feel I need one just because it's so odd.

I'd really like to know the story behind that sculpt. You just know there has to be one.

Kosmo, Killer Clown is definitely creepy.

02216_w_1.jpg

But as far as unique reaper minis that are on my favorites list, I love Yara, Water Buffalo Minotaur.

Edit: typo

Edited by vulture
  • Like 1