Matbar

Unique figures

Oh now, this one is just fun.http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/assassin/sku-up/02782

Kudos to sculptor Bobby Jackson for a really different approach to a leaping assassin.

On my wish list too. I had seen this before and forgotten about it. I really like miniatures were the concept is well and truly "thinking out of the box" :)

• Like 1

Holy cow, this one is wonderful!

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/kid/sku-down/60036

Just use her to signal the end of the senario. It's not over untill ...

Aaaaand I now have a solid reason to buy this model immediately.

I snapped. Bought it. I've been playing a weekly Pathfinder Society game and have been humoring rolling up a new level one. My first character wasn't very well developer personality wise - I played it more hack and slash than RPG.

Anyway - this mini would force the RPG. I could play a 54 year old female bard! Definitely out of my "comfort zone". I'll probably try to channel Mrs. Doubtfire in all dialogue.

• Like 5

I snapped. Bought it. I've been playing a weekly Pathfinder Society game and have been humoring rolling up a new level one. My first character wasn't very well developer personality wise - I played it more hack and slash than RPG.

Anyway - this mini would force the RPG. I could play a 54 year old female bard! Definitely out of my "comfort zone". I'll probably try to channel Mrs. Doubtfire in all dialogue.

I had a lot of fun with her. Don't forget to see my version of this over at this thread. I'm not the best, but I had fun with this one, and I enjoyed painting her eyes open (the sculpt has them closed, but that makes it really easy to paint however big of an eye as you want).

-Dave

:)

• Like 2

I had a lot of fun with her. Don't forget to see my version of this over at this thread. I'm not the best, but I had fun with this one, and I enjoyed painting her eyes open (the sculpt has them closed, but that makes it really easy to paint however big of an eye as you want).

-Dave

:)

Awesome job on that! I especially enjoyed learning about the Hirst Arts molds you used for that plank flooring. Sometime, when I'm ready to expand, I'll have to look into those. :bday:

Edited by Flow

I always liked the flautist here. Reminds me of Jason and the Argonauts (or was it the original Clash of the Titans?)

I like him but, oh dear, does he have one hand backwards?

When playing a fipple (horizontal) flute, it extends to the player's right. The player's left hand is closest to the mouth and shows its back to onlookers. The right hand is farther out and its palm faces onlookers (Imagine playing a pipe straight ahead, then rotate it up and to the right. Your hands will be in the correct position.).

But for some reason about half the time people depict flute players with both hands showing their backs, as if the player were doing pull-ups.

I can't tell quite from the picture in the Reaper catalogue, but it looks like it may have that error.

• Like 1

Poot. I had it wrong. A fipple flute is played straight. It's a transverse flute that is played sideways.

I have in my time played both.

• Like 1

I always liked the flautist here. Reminds me of Jason and the Argonauts (or was it the original Clash of the Titans?)
I like him but, oh dear, does he have one hand backwards?

When playing a fipple (horizontal) flute, it extends to the player's right.

[ ... ]

A skeleton playing a flute has so many problems to contend with... ...the lack of air for the flute... ...caused by the lack of lungs <_<

...the awkward hand position and reversed fingering may just be his [or her?] sleight of hand attempt to distract the audience from the larger problem.

• Like 6