Matbar

Unique figures

Lol, and reading notes might be tough off you don't have eyes.

Pingo, I hope you are a current flute player, playing in band is a lot of fun. I am what they call a tripler, flute, piccolo and oboe. The first year in community band the conductor did a double take when I got out the piccolo for Stars and Stripes after playing oboe the whole rehearsal.

• Like 4

My wife plays flute, when her flute is not in need of major repairs (again... >.<). She's also been eyeing a lap-violin from the 20's at the local antique store.

I played clarinet in middle school, does that count?

-Dave

• Like 3

Dave, it would count more if you picked up a clarinet again... :lol: Strange that your wife's flute need repair that often, I have had mine for 31 years, and never had it repaired.

• Like 1

Dave, it would count more if you picked up a clarinet again... :lol: Strange that your wife's flute need repair that often, I have had mine for 31 years, and never had it repaired.

I have to find one I can afford first. Or maybe set aside money slowly, but Reaper keeps replacing my piggy-bank's contents with pewter and plastic!

As for her flute, this is one her mom found at a garage sale, overpaid for, and required ~$200 worth of work. It played fine for a little while, but now it's almost impossible for her to form notes/make sound. Elizabeth thought it was her, until we went to a friends house and played their flute.

At this point, I think I'm going to buy her a new, nice flute. Right now, she has an older Armstrong Student model (still silver, but less wires/adjustment thingies than a standard flute; at least, that's my understanding from our friend the flute player).

On the upside, she still plays piano and I'm slowly teaching her guitar (as I learn myself). We're actually quite the musical family; between 5 people, we include three pianists (and myself, maybe 1/2 of a pianist), three guitar players (one also a bass player), two trumpeters, one violinist (plus my wife and I who want to learn eventually), and a drummer with no drums. We're unfortunately scattered, so it isn't often we get to jam together. Well, really, we don't want to move the piano's. Again. On the upside, we're looking for another piano for our current residence (the in-laws have the two current pianos).

Now I want to go home and play some music. Stupid work keeping me here, paying my bills.... ;)

-Dave

Edited by dispatchdave
  • Like 2

If I could learn one (more) instrument, it would be violin. Probably my overall favorite instrument to listen to and so versatile.

• Like 2

My son plays both violin and French horn. I have played at trombone, but never reached what I would consider even mediocre. All of us sing, of course.

Pingo, he's in the box o' minis to paint when I get better...that I pulled Luther out of. So it's now the box o' minis I'm going to be working through soonish!

If I can dig up the list I made of all my favorite back catalog sculpts, I'll post some of the more unique ones here...but it'll be a lot of work! Long list.

• Like 1

Ooh, this dervish is fun. Get a load of that awesome leaping action:

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/03372/sku-down/03372#detail/03372_w_3

I had a lot of fun giving Bobby a hard time when he was sculpting that at Gen Con, while I was manning the Reaper booth. I trolled the hell out of him by complaining that sculpts were too dynamic and wishing we could get back to a more traditional 2D static figure.

• Like 7

Another one I don't know the story for. I haven't seen any painted up versions of her anywhere, which is surprising.

She's a human, or possibly elf, attractive but not top-heavy, running holding a skull. She has an eyepatch, a fierce expression, elaborate long gloves, long pants, a sort pf halter top, and it looks like a couple of long daggers and a sort of courier bag.

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/60080/sku-down/60080

• Like 2