Pathfinder Goblins

Gailbraithe

A merry horde of foul little goblins, all set to cause my players endless pain and misery.

post-4845-0-60087200-1350414575_thumb.jpg

Tried an experiment with the bases. It's just green stuff with a few flakes of shale added, painted with the Stone Grey triad, then topped off with some woodland scenics turf. I think it turned out well, nice and neutral.

• Like 11

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the pathfinder goblins, I own multiples of each, but only painted the 1st set a few years ago. I love your take on them, the bases turned out great I may have to borrow that idea in the future.

I believe your work may have inspired me to take mine off the back burner and get some paint on the rest of mine. Although I could wait till the bones arrive from the kickstarter and paint the goblins all together.

Thanks for sharing these.

I would never have thought of purple for goblins, but it works well - great color choices.

On the bases - are they slot bases? Do you embed the slots in the green stuff and mold it over? I love the job you did on them and am trying to learn all I can before attempting basing myself, so any pointers and procedures you could share would be most appreciated.

I would never have thought of purple for goblins, but it works well - great color choices.

On the bases - are they slot bases? Do you embed the slots in the green stuff and mold it over? I love the job you did on them and am trying to learn all I can before attempting basing myself, so any pointers and procedures you could share would be most appreciated.

I took a wad of green stuff about the size of a M&M and stuck it down in the center of a slotted, raised-lip base. Then I used a little sculpting tool to push the wad into the corners and get more or less flat. I made some small divots with a flathead screwdriver (basically I just pressed one corner of the flat head into the greenstuff at an oblique angle). Then I took the painted minis and a pair of snips and cut off the tabs so that a little sharp triangle was formed under each of their feet, and poked them into the greenstuff.

Because I mixed up enough greenstuff to do six at once, I kind of rushed the whole process. If I was really going to do it right, I would remove the tabs entirely before I painted the models, drill into the bottom of their feet and insert pins. Then I would make the base separately. Once both were painted, I would drill out the bases so I could attach the model via the pins.

But that requires far more forethought than I can usually muster.

• Like 1

Of course goblins have a society. We're a very sophisticated and multicultural (multicolored) people. Just very misunderstood by the tall, the fair, the bearded, the young, the poor, the rich, the noble, the nefarious, the magic, the warlike, the peaceful, the monstrous, and the draconic.

Green goblins became the dominant race, because in goblin color theory all colors mixed become green, but goblins still come in all sorts of shade and hue. And being the open-minded and tolerant people we are, it is not uncommon to see tangerine, green, red, purple, orange, yellow, and brown goblins all chewing on the same hooman.

• Like 3

Green goblins became the dominant race, because in goblin color theory all colors mixed become green, but goblins still come in all sorts of shade and hue. And being the open-minded and tolerant people we are, it is not uncommon to see tangerine, green, red, purple, orange, yellow, and brown goblins all chewing on the same hooman.

Hmm you didn't mention the blue psionic ones :).

We don't speak of the blue psionic ones. They are dead to us.

We don't speak of the blue psionic ones. They are dead to us.

they took a phase arrow to the knee.
  • Like 1