Celtos Barbarian Woman

Jen

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That hair is awesome. What's the recipe?

The hair is Reaper's red hair triad with a brown wash for some deeper shadows between the strands and in the shaded areas, and RMS Saffron Sunset for the brightest highlights.

(Incidentally this model seems to be OOP)

She was a limited edition model many years back. I ended up with 2 somehow, her name is Eilea I think.

Very nice paint job, love the hair and horns. I should get mine out and redo her.

Celtos stuff is over the top, but still nice models I think.

I think she fell over because of that giant sword of hers. Also its probably hard to see out of that helmet.

Beautiful paint job on an entirely silly miniature. The whole Celtos line is...I don't want to bad mouth it, because its actually a very fun range, but there is just something very off about all the models.

That model is available from Brigade Models.

http://www.brigademodels.co.uk/Celtos/The%20Gaels/CLT-315.html

Wow I must have looked at every mini in the line except that one before saying she was OOP. Thanks for fixing my error Jim.

I actually like the Celtos stuff, because everything looks like Frank Frazetta drew it. The men are great slabs of muscle and the women all have curves (no super models here) and armour is optional all around. It's not a "boys get armour & girls don't" line, no one gets armour that would be worth a damn.

The whole Celtos line is...I don't want to bad mouth it, because its actually a very fun range, but there is just something very off about all the models.

I can tell you the sculpting of her face is a little off. For one thing, she doesn't have a nose (presumably it's meant to be hidden under that helmet).