• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening everybody!
      So have been doing lately a lot of classic Julie Guthrie from her Partha days and the last one I've finished is what is currently listed as an Archer, but that previously came in a set of three Rangers in her Partha Line "All Things Dark and Dangerous".

Being he's these days called an archer, I kind of deviated from the typical browns and greens as I kind of wanted some deeper, darker colors. I started off with his lavender shirt and then just kept going with different plums and purples. So he's not too nature-like but he's maybe a moon or night ranger.

Anyway, hope you enjoy him!

and here's that image he originally came from back in the eighties.  I've got the two guys done, I'm working now on the gal with the staff, hope to have her done before Memorial day is over:

• By Kangaroorex
      I am taking am attempt at Ral Partha's Ghost dragon.  The box art does him in white but I wanted something different. I wanted to play with color making him red from the top down, blue from the bottom up but making the transition acceptably smooth when liked at from the side..Ill say up front this is not the easiest dragon to work with.  Have I gone wrong?  I would like some opinions on the roughed out paint scheme as well as some suggestions for the eye and mouth color.  Originally I was considering him for a playful ghost but more and more he is looking like more nightmare than daydream 

And sorry for the pictures, I just snapped them off my (rather messy) paint station

From the side:

Top down

Bottom up

• By Maledrakh
      Labella DeMornay, Banshee from the first Bones kickstarter, This is a green translucent, and like all translucents I undercoated it first with Army Painter Anti Shine Matt Varnish, so the following washes would have something to adhere to. This is key to painting translucents. Also, make sure to use transparent paints, like inks and quickshade washes. Opaque paints will invariably ruin the translucent effect. The green tinge of the plastic will affect any transparent colours that are used, and so this must be taken into consideration. For her brown hair, I used Citadel Carroburg Crimson shade (a dark red). The skin is Citadel Casandora Yellow Shade, the dress is old Citadel Blue glaze (red flip-cap hex pot) and ditto Turquoise glaze. Taking care to draw off any pooling and to avoid unsightly tide marks by smoothing with a damp brush while wet. The aim is to tint the translucent plastic, not sp much paint over it, or even "shade" it. Not sure how pleased I am with the results here. I think the results could have been much better if the plastic was clear not green tinged.

77096 Labella DeMornay, Banshee
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 2 KS 2013
      Sculpted by Julie Guthrie
      Translucent green Bonesium PVC.
      30mm round lipped base
    • By Kangaroorex
      This piece has been sitting in my mini drawer for quite some time.  I'm not sure where it came from or why it showed up but it appeared and desired paint so it got some.  I am thinking of making it the grand mentor for the legion of Justice and Caeke to counter the dread influence of Fatimus but we will see.  In the mean time, I dont know too much about this mini other than it was produced by Ral Partha in 1991 for TSR Its pretty and it was fun to paint, but my google fu is not strong enough to find the name of the character and the base has no further information.

So without further Ado, my dragon Elder

• Who's Online   31 Members, 0 Anonymous, 150 Guests (See full list)