• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MusicalFeline
      Right, so this is probably a stupid question, but I'm gonna ask it anyways, because, well, I'm uncertain.

So a week ago, I purchased the D&D/Army Painter Monster Paint Set. Fantastic set, contains more paints than I'll need ever for a decade for a year for an undetermined period of time.

Anyways, this set came with three washes - Shadow Wash, Flesh Wash, and Brown Wash. As recommended by several other painters on a different post, I decided I'd use these premade washes rather than the thinned-down paint I had been using in the past. However...

I doubted, and now I'm uncertain. After a quick google search, I'm even more confused as I saw contradictory answers, and answers that weren't really answers. I know I'm being irrational, but do you use these the same way as thinned-down paint (applying to the miniature after it's been basecoated?), or do you use it some other way?

Again, stupid question, but as they say, it's better to be safe than sorry. Thanks!
    • By ThirstyBob
      Show off might be a bit of a misnomer, I'm not the happiest with these guys, mostly putting this up for tips on what I could do better next time.

Paste from final post in  WIP thread:
       Alright "finished" with these guys. When I say "finished" I mean I'm overcoming my perfectionism to move on to something else because they're serviceable. Tried to use some speed painting techniques, but still took way too long, need to work on that. If anyone's got any tips on how I could have made them better without, layering/glazing/something else that takes forever, they would be much appreciated!

• By Sushiroll
      I just got into miniature painting and decided to post on the forum to get some feedback and advice. This is only the second miniature I've ever painted. I'm pretty happy with how he turned out despite my lack of experience. I'm thinking of dry brushing his back a bit more for an even more intense frost/ice effect. I plan on varnishing and basing him as soon as the bases I ordered arrived. Any CC is welcome thanks for looking!

• By Baldur8762
      Hi again folks,

I followed all the instructions.  I watched several videos on YouTube.  I thought I did everything right....

I tried to do a wash using Reaper Brown Wash.  I made sure to thin it a bit with flow improver.  I liberally applied the wash mix EXACTLY like i had seen done on every possible video I could watch...but the results were very much NOTHING like I thought they would be.

What happened?  It basically looks like I just used brown paint...

• By SirDibblet
      OK folks this is my most recent attempt at painting.  I decided to do this mini in the color scheme of the Protectorate of Menoth from Warmachine.  Basically I am doing a test paint to acclimate myself to the colors and techniques that I will use as I begin painting several minis for the Mk III release of Warmachine.    I need some help though, I have had several missteps in this paint thus far and am struggling to see this as a success.

1) How should I highlight the white? Should I do darker tones around the highlight areas?

2) Should I use some liner to try and add some more contrast? I feel like the sculpt wasn't the best and then my mediocre painting skills don't help and I feel like a lot of the details this mini did have have been obscured by my crappy painting abilities.

3) I REALLY don't know how to highlight the top cape and the crest on the shield as that color is a combo of Bloodstain Red,Violet Light and then glazed over with Clear Magenta.  I know that's a lot but there are very specific colors for the faction and I am trying to get as close to that as possible.

4) Can someone please explain Ink's to me? I used a red ink on the bottom cape as it was suggested somewhere else to help with contrast on similar colors and while I like the outcome, it shifted the color in a way that I didn't expect and am not certain how or why inks are used. 

5) Finally, if anyone does play Warmachine as Menoth I would like to know what your thoughts are on my colors; I am currently only using Reaper paints. 

• Who's Online   19 Members, 2 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)