The Pledge Manager is still up!?

Djbousquet

The RPM still only lets new backers in at $150, right? So everyone who got in early still gets a 30% discount, right?

The RPM was suppose to be used for the small select few people that missed the kickstarter and needed to get a new pledge in as well as lock in options orders for what was said to be 10 DAYS, and then said to be a MONTH after the RPM was live. (and even they had to pay the extra %)

I don't think it was portrayed to us as being a pre-order tool for newcomers to place a 150 vampire pledge order now going on almost 2 months later.

I just don't want it to be Feb. and have new people starting to see the miniatures being released and then them being able to place a order through the STILL ACTIVE RPM.....

Why?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose Reaper could, if they wanted, remove the reapermini.com/ks/ page so that no further people can sign up to be a part of the RPM. Im actually surprised they havent done that, if they are trying to get everyone locked in, but Im sure theres a reason.

exactly! The reason they aren't doing it is because everytime the release a new model/green preview more and more people want to get in on it even though they missed the KS and even though the time alloted to the RPM is wayyyy past. Like I said it is almost being used as a pre-order tool now.

And again, so what? How does that hurt you?

I suppose Reaper could, if they wanted, remove the reapermini.com/ks/ page so that no further people can sign up to be a part of the RPM. Im actually surprised they havent done that, if they are trying to get everyone locked in, but Im sure theres a reason.

exactly! The reason they aren't doing it is because everytime the release a new model/green preview more and more people want to get in on it even though they missed the KS and even though the time alloted to the RPM is wayyyy past. Like I said it is almost being used as a pre-order tool now.

But how does that harm or disadvantage you personally?

The reason they aren't doing it is because everytime the release a new model/green preview more and more people want to get in on it even though they missed the KS

Given that Bryan said they only have about 100 people still needing to lock in, and presumably they are keeping an eye on that list, it seems unlikely that there are many additional people signing up.

I just don't want it to be Feb. and have new people starting to see the miniatures being released and then them being able to place a order through the STILL ACTIVE RPM.....

Why?

Several people have explained why Reaper had to put in tight deadlines. Reaper has indicated that they do not oppose others getting in on the deal at 150% (likely a lot more paint and such will be sold too). Reaper has also said that those that sign up for the 150% may not get their goods in March, but only as part a the re-order.

So I am having a bit of trouble understanding why this is bothering you. Could you elaborate?

What? That doesn't make any sense. Every person who signs up now, especially since the kickstarter fulfilled its goals, means less stuff Reaper will sell at retail. Why would they plot to sneakily do this?

What does make sense, however, is that the pledge manager has a tricky technical issue and it's just easier to leave it open while they round up the last 100 stragglers.

I mean, it's not like they can cut people who've already paid out of it by shutting it down.

This has zero impact on you whatsoever. It is not delaying your shipment. It does not impact the price you are paying for models. There is no exclusivity on anything except the KS Sophies.

Perhaps you need to spend some time thinking about why something that someone else does, which has no impact on you, concerns you so much.

~v

Edited by Shakandara
  • Like 1

I have to agree that the only groups it's "hurting" to keep the Pledge Manager open until they're ready to close it are these three groups:

- Those who keep getting tempted to alter their order to add more to it. Their pockets keep getting hit by their ability to add!

- Those who want an extremely great deal so they can profit from it by direct resells/sales. I guess they could figure that it means more on the market and less chance of doubling or tripling their investments.

- Reaper. They will have some degree less of retail sales right away.

I'm trying very hard to think of anyone else this might affect and can't. Unless we're going into the really petty place where it's all in bragging rights. "I got X for Y!" "Well, that's great [name], but I only got it for Z more than you did."

I know a guy who, every time he goes to McDonald's, they mess up his order.

Now, see, when I go to McDonald's I pick things straight off the menu. X amount of Y. Never have an order go astray. I get X amount of Y. Every time.

But him? He wants extra mac sauce, and no pickles, and more onions, etc. Never gets it right, always complains.

I just tell him if he wants to get things right, keep it simple. Order off the menu. Don't create demands that you know create problems, and if you do - don't complain about it. Don't seek out opportunities for disappointment, you will have fewer disappointments.

So as long as you get "at least $480 of miniatures for $100" sometime around March, no cause to complain. That's what was on the menu, you got 'em cheaper and earlier than everybody who didn't. Transaction fulfilled.

• Like 4

- Those who keep getting tempted to alter their order to add more to it. Their pockets keep getting hit by their ability to add!

I'll readily admit I fall in this group, but I really, really want to stay married more! <grin> Keeping the option for a $150 RPM open is not my business and it makes no sense for it to be a concern. Add me to the list that want to understand.