Wow already about to start our fourth session, its going by so quickly. We would like to congratulate Tiffany Rogers for breaking the 300 point mark and earning herself a tier1 prize, following closely behind is themudhead, Richard Burge, Kristen Lyon, and David Jackson.

This next session we will be running a little differently. The deadline will be longer and the points will be much higher, this is a chance for anyone who has not taken the opportunity to participate to catch up drastically.

The next piece is to be a diorama, subject matter is open to anything you would like to do. The entire piece must be no smaller than that of a shoebox, but can be as large as you want to make it.

There is no cap to the points you can earn during this session, but here are some guidelines.

1. each small miniature will garnish an extra 10 points(smaller than 28mm human size)

2. each medium miniature will garnish 25 points (28 mm human size)

3 each large miniature will garnish 40 points ( 2-4 inches tall)

4 each epic miniature will garnish 70 points ( 5 inches or larger)

5 every feature that adds character to the overall piece will increase the final total by an additional 5%, this can add up quickly if you make something totally epic.

The cutoff is November 22 at midnight Pacific Standard Time, good luck everybody and show us what ya got

Post submissions here or send them to [email protected]

See below for further rules and explanations

Competition Rules:

The contest will be running continuously from now until the kickstarter launch.

There is no fee for entry, all that is required is your name and email address, later on after the kickstarter you will be sent a email asking for your address and any other pertinent information.

Prizes will include terrain , bases and other items from the kickstarter campaign.

Submissions must be painted by you and fit the current theme

You many submit more than one entry, however only one will be judged during any given session.

A session last from the time you are given a theme until the time you are awarded your points for the entry at the next issue release. The exact dates will be indicated in each issue in the allocated location at the end of these rules along with the new theme.

Limit your submission to 5 or less images, with at least 1 front view, and 1 back view.

All submissions should be made through a direct Facebook message or sent to us through email at [email protected] , or be posted in this thread

Whomever has the highest scoring miniature for the session will receive a spot in the featured column and as our Facebook cover photo for their mini.

Criteria for judging includes:

Craftsmanship , how good you mini looks when all is said and done, accounts for 50% of your points for the session.

Creativity, we want to see the best you can do, make your pieces interesting, nobody is going to judge you, except for maybe the judges, but that’s our job, the majority of creativity takes place in the base, but modifying minis also works to this advantage, just be sure to include a photo of the unmodified mini when you submit. This accounts for an additional 50% of your points for the session.

Theme modifier , if your submission obviously fits the theme you will be awarded an additional 10% to the total points earned for the session, if your submission does not somehow fall into the initial theme, you will only be eligible for half of the total points for the session.

Each session you are eligible for 100 points, 110 if you count the theme modifier. At the end of each session your points will be added up and your progress will be shown.

Surprise us with something truly spectacular and you may be awarded some bonus points.

There are quite a few different tiers for prizes, based on the amount of points you accrue , as points are earned new tiers will unlock showing how many points you need to get to the next tier, and the approximate value of the prize for that tier.

Once you have reached a tier you are eligible for a prize, keep painting minis to make the prizes better.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

okay one quick question. do we take a pic of the full diorama before we paint it, or do you want each individual piece of the diorama to have its own pic? You know just to be sure that we are really painting these for the contest and not using already painted models. With no point cap and each mini garnishing points this would really be a tremendous undertaking. In any case though "Challenge Accepted."

Yes include pictures of every miniature unpainted and painted and the diorama in stages. Since there is literally an unlimited potential for points, this is the reason we are limiting the time frame to a month. Some shoeboxes are actually quite small, like for toddler shoes for example. The entire surface area counts towards this size, it's not only the pieces foot print. The miniatures used count towards this as well

post-7700-0-77601300-1351277739.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.