• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

after getting back from the FOW league I got most of the highlighting work done on the logs/rope and vines and the basecoat for the gem.
I just need to finish the shading on gems and do some minor touchups and its ready for sealing

woldwrath+left+arm+highlights.jpg

• Like 1

I finished up the gems and applied a coat of gloss cote to the one side of the arm..in a few hours I'll flip it and apply to the other side..I should be able to glue it to the main figure tomorrow night.

In the meantime I've primed the two figures for the Ltpk1 with white brush on primer with a small drop of black paint added to make it grey.

ltpk1+primed.jpg

LOVE it! ... is that the warpwolf or whatever? The heavy warbeast one? That golem is ENORMOUS. :blink:

aye!

thats Epic Kaya on a 30mm base, Woldwatcher light warbeast on a 40mm and Feral Warpwolf(heavy) on a 50mm base.

The Woldwrath's base is 120mm

so its been a week or so and I think the liquitex gel has cleared up enough to try and peal it off the mold..its still abit milky in the thickest parts but the effect isn't bad..its abit high right now I'll probably trim about 1/3 the height down.

I have to take a picture of the diameter..I got a bad feeling its to small for the foot LOL.

I guess I have to cut it and try and superglue it together in the back..I really should have made this a bigger diameter and cut out the excess..if its too small I'll have to do the whole process over again.

Its still abit floppy and soft...I wonder if giving it a coat of gloss varnish harden it up? anyone know?

anyways heres a pic

splash+test.jpg

• Like 2

That is the coolest splash ever. I need to use that...I have three different projects in mind for it. Totally sweet.

I would expect a gloss coat to give it some rigidity, but not likely to the point of brittle unless you just put a hundred layers* down.

My question is, how will it respond to Dullcote? Of course, you can just put gloss back over the top if you have brush-on, but it's still the first thought I had.

*This may actually be a much larger number of layers than would be necessary to achieve brittleness.

I wasn't gonna put any dullcote on the base..i already applied the dullcoat to the figure and used saran wrap over the water part to stop it from coating the base. so everythings sealed that needs to be.

I'm hoping now that its pealed off the mold it will dry out the milkiness having both sides exposed to air.

If I could find a small 1inch diameter bell I think the curve of the bottom of the bell would be perfect shape for a splash effect when turned upsidedown..as it is I just used a small neck flower vase.

welp I couldn't wait to see if it was to small and cut it and I was right, its to small..though I now what I need to do now.

I think blended in with some ripples and when it dries out it will look really good.

gonna have to start making a bigger mold now and try again.

splash+test+1.jpg

splash+test+2.jpg

• Like 2