so multitasking as usual I've been working on a way to transport the woldwrath ..(and the celestial Fulcrum in the future) to the game club.

So I picked up a container and some 3" craft foam from walmart for about 20bucks.

heres what I ended up with...Just need a Velcro strap or bungee cord to ensure no accidental drops from the lid opening

woldwrath+transport.jpg

woldwrath+transpor1t.jpg

• Like 6

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If not...time to invest in snow flocking :devil:

To be a bit more serious. So much great stuff in this thread, not the least of which is the amount of progress in a year. I hope whatever I'm working on in August shows that level of improvement!

And on this guy in particular, everything from the mundane details (the nice wood and rope colors, the logs on the base) to the crazy (zomg that splash!) is wonderful.

Edited by CashWiley
  • Like 1

reaper+rainbow.jpg

Newb question, I'm sure, but where did you get these? My first purchase into miniature painting was a Reaper Learn To Paint kit that looked exactly like these. Mine, however, came with about 4 paints in dropper bottles and about 6 cheap paint pot sampler things, like something you'd see from elementary school. I'm not complaining about my purchase, but I'd love to know where you got these and how much they cost? That's a lot of dropper bottles for a Learn To Paint kit!

Awesome thread, by the way. I love threads like this. So fun to scroll through and read and look at the pictures. Awesome projects you've got going!

Edited by Enkmar

I think its looking ok..the ripples are almost all cleared up...the splash is still milky but i think its as clear as its gonna get..I think I might have stretched it abit while pealing it off the glass which is stopping it from clearing up completely It was thinner then the test one ..that might have been a mistake.. I need to get some gel superglue and try adding a bead at the end of the splashes on the test piece and see how that works out..

heres couple quick pics

I'm thinking of trimming down the height of the low points as well. make it look a little less even. I thin a rounded edge/lip along the edges with some superglue will give it a better look but need to test it will work first

base+splash+and+ripples2.jpg

base+splash+and+ripples1.jpg

Edited by bloodydrake
  • Like 2

Possible details: if I were patient enough, I'd put a little more splashiness right near the big splash to make it look like shock-ripples spreading from the footfall, and try to simulate some drip from the other foot as it lifts; there should be a kind of inverse splash as water sheets away from the recently submerged foot. But then, it might make the water look too viscous.

Hmm. At least consider some high gloss to make his feet "wet"?

• Like 1

i did try and create abit of a ring effect but it is to subtle to see unless looking from a specific angle..but its a good idea bout some droplets from the other foot thats lifting...I'm currently letting the drops of superglue dry that I rimmed around the splash..they dont' dry clear tho and take hours in the air to actually dry..once the main splash is dry Ill give it a few coats of gloss varnish and at the same time do some on the feet so they look wet.

I think the weight of the glue around the rim gives it a better overall shape tho.

base+splash+and+ripples+4.jpg

base+splash+and+ripples+3.jpg

• Like 2