I have a good 80% of the DLC, plus the original songs...it's a pretty massive list. Right now I'm working my way slowly up the Leaderboard on The Trooper, splitting my attention between Hard and Master. Master is so tough because I used to play the song back in the day, so I didn't learn it with all the little pickup note quirks exactly the way they want it played, which keeps blowing the multiplier back to 50. Without a 99 multiplier through most of the tune you're not going to do much on the leaderboard.

Then just hitting the mode where you set the time and go. A little bit of session mode on guitar, it's a lot tougher on bass oddly.

edit: I'm CashWiley or Cash Wiley or w/e on there, too if you see me on the Leaderboard somewhere :)

Edited by CashWiley
  • Like 1

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no painting this weekend but I started building the Olde Towne pdf from wargame vault. picked up an x-acto board cutter and some foamboard and printed out a basic building.
Over all it works out pretty good. I think I'll print out the windows and glue down on top to give it abit of a 3d look..the plain build is a bit flat.But just looking for reasonably quick and easy buildings

Only issue I have so far is the roof is to small. I'm gonna print it out again @ about 110% to give it abit of an overhang then mount it on foamboard.

I think they should work out pretty good for Empire of the Dead buildings.

walls.jpg
walls+zoom.jpg

basic+building.jpg
basica+building+done.jpg
  • Like 10

its a pdf thats got all the pieces on different pages..just got to make sure to set the print to actual size not fit. The way its been designed each wall fits on a normal page..you just print off the floor,exterior walls,interior walls then cut and glue them to the foam board..theres a section of the pdf thats all interior furniture and bay windows,chimneys and arch ways..etc..but this is just a basic building.

Lining them up isn't to bad..just start with say the outer side of a wall and glue it down one side of the foam board.then cut it out..then for the other side of the wall ,its easy enough to line up since its the exact shape now.

• Like 1

I've always wanted to game w/ 3D terrain like that, but I don't have the time or real drive to do something like that. Too many things to paint and too much other stuff to do around the house. Kudos on putting them together for your gaming group, that's just really cool.

esterdoom: I can but its just an empty hollow with the wall paper on it atm..the pdf comes with interior walls to create rooms and floors(tho i might have to find my own way to stack them its not made clear) and furniture and stuff but I haven't done anything yet..right now its more just a shell, which will be suffice for our first game of Empire of the Dead wargame I think...could probably use em for Malifaux as well.

jasper: I used the foamcore 5mm directions tho you can build these with just cardboard cardstock if you prefer(comes with both instructions and cardstock supports that can be made. i went with foam core and a board cutter for ease of building and structural strength more then anything.

Once I get all the basic buildings build I'll probably go back and start adding details like

to be fair I'm using a color laser @ work for the printing so I just bought the cardstock paper not the ink..I'd be terrified to try and use an ink jet to print these up..maybe a print shop would be the cheapest way not sure.

Our Local game store were I normally play has a ton of terrain and buildings but nothing that suits a Gothic Victorian London setting.

I got some more work done on the white Rabbit. i went back and tried glazing the coat with the darkest color then the same for the highlight color n the high points..but its still abit rough..grey's a tougher color to deal with then I thought.
I used the Ltpk lauranna hair directions for the hair..which makes a nice strawblond color..then used a blend of bright turquoise up to LED blue for the outfit.for the petticoat I built back up the mid tone of yellowed bone then highlights using linen white up to pure white.

I wimped out on trying to paint a rabbit head on the card(just to small a spot) and just went an more easily recognizable Ace of Spades.

still need to work on the cane /gun and the black slacks and sleaves..but its getting close to done.

whiterabbit+highlighting.jpg

• Like 10

I figured if she's an illusionist. she could be abit more flamboyant and theatrical like a stage magician than the dark colors in the source art..I have a lot of other characters to do that will be overly dark and black so why not brighten up a few :)

i think perhaps I would start the cloak with the darker tones and then build up the mid and highlights...maybe some wetblending vs just layering as well.

I'll try on the next figure I use a grey cloak for. i think its partially the way it ripples..the more straight creased look of the other overcoats haven't' been to much of a problem.

appreciate the comments and ideas as always :)

• Like 2

got two more mini's based and primed(Tatu’ a half vampire and the Phantom). but wanted to do abit more work on the building

I got some more stuff printed off and wanted to get the edges of the building cleaned up.

Starting off I cut out the corner joints..using a smooth sculpting tool and a straight edge I scored teh center fold line on the printed side.

wall+joint+1.jpg

This lets you fold the corner piece smoothly but splits the edge abit tho when you fold it.

wall+joint+2.jpg

after folding and while folded over tight i used a black permanent sharpie marker along the edge to cover over the white paper that shows thru along the corner

wall+joint+3.jpg

after that dries I flatten out and use a straight edge and an exacto knife to cut out the white parts...then use a sharpie to blacken the exposed edges all the away around( its just like lining! LOL)

after that I put a bead of glue down the middle of the paper in the corner and used a Q-tip to spread it out to all the edges smoothly and then just pressed it onto the corner of the building...i got the front two done..I think it really does a great job setting off the corners.

I want to print out the windows but need some cereal box cardboard to glue to to get the proper thickness I think the 5mm foam board would stick out to much.

Heres pic with corner edging.

wall+joint+4.jpg
  • Like 6

The brick corners bring it up a level... Jasper I think the next game you plan should have some of these in it!

The next Miniatures games I plan will.... <_<

Next RPG... I don't really see Victorian houses fitting with the setting in Numerera.

Corners look great BD. Looking forward to seeing the windows.

• Like 1

thx :)

I figure I'll continue the detail step by step of this thing for everyone else thats curious how it all comes together.

I printed off the roof at 105% the default size..and decided to try and figure out a way to do the roof in one piece and not cut it apart.
So I left about 1inch of paper around the print out edges and scored the centerline crease folded and used the marker to cover over the white paper edge.
Then I took a foamboard panel thats about 3/8s of an inch to big and lined it up right against the crease (held the roof paper at 90degrees)
with that glued down and dried i then glued the other side of the roof to the underside of the paper..using a spare piece of foamboard as a spacer to ensure the proper armount of room for the fold.

roof+1.jpg

once the second section was glued down I removed the spacer and let it dry.

roof+2.jpg

after that dried I flipped it over and used the hobby knife to cut the whole thing to its finished size and a clean edge all the way around.

roof+3.jpg
roof+4.jpg
you can see when by hand you lift the edge up you get a perfectly fitted right angle to glue while keeping the roof printed paper a single piece.
roof+5.jpg

so then put a bit of glue on both sides of the rabbet and glued in two support pieces that fit just inside the buildings peaks.
and let it dry

roof+6.jpg

the roof fits pretty good but I did find one issue the extension to the font and the back isn't quite enough the lip of the roof catches the edge of the front and back wall. I think If I printed the roof off at 110% for the next one it would fix the issue.
Over all tho it doesn't look bad at all.I still have a chimney to add to it..
For the windows I think on the front I'm gonna try adding the whole window as protruding and on the back just try doing the brick above the window and the window sill and see what looks better to everyone.

Heres what it looks like now.

roof+7.jpg
  • Like 4