Halloween 2012 "Treating the threat"

Metalchaos

As we approach the Halloween night, howling creatures are gathering attracted by the stench of death.

Here is the modular diorama I’ve prepared for the Halloween. All models can be moved on the base to create different battle scenes.

The monsters are 02282 Ghoul Warrior by Bob Ridolfi, 02941 Ghouls and Ghast by Ben Siens and 02943 Festering Spirit by Jason Wiebe. I equipped this last one with the Flail of Pestilence. This custom built weapon was created using; the wooden stick P14106C included in the Dark Maiden sprue to make the handle, the chains are P14472D from Razig Weapons Pack, the skull is P02611A from the skulls pack and the poisoned blades are daggers from the 02871 Wererats. I had kept these daggers after switching the lycanthropes weapon for axes.

The heroes are 02386 Boris Mingla sculpted by Werner Klocke & 02938 Boris the Evil Fighter by Bobby Jackson converted with a 02899b Death knight shield. I modified his sword to make him hold it upwards and added hair on their bald heads. The tombstone are 03122d & 03274b.

I hope you'll enjoy it, happy Halloween!

post-5669-0-52774300-1351443265_thumb.jpg

post-5669-0-65075700-1351443270_thumb.jpg

post-5669-0-28921000-1351444381_thumb.jpg

post-5669-0-39441400-1351444385_thumb.jpg

post-5669-0-07589700-1351444393_thumb.jpg

post-5669-0-30127600-1351444397_thumb.jpg

post-5669-0-17571000-1351443359.jpg

• Like 4

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Inarah
      One of last year's limited release figures that I painted during the summer.  She has the right amount of detail, I spent some time trying to do NMM on her armor and weapon.  Felt that the pose was a bit dull and static, and her face is odd.  Liked how the green part of her cloak came out, not so happy with the yellow, need to practice more, 

• By Inarah
      Another one from August. From the Greek Odyssey expansion in B5.  She has just enough detail to be interesting without being overwhelming to paint. Wish the casting had been a little sharper. I had to outline a lot to make things stand out. 

• By Inarah
      One of Bob Ridolfi's sweet little undead monsters from earlier this summer.  I tried some grey skin tones to give her a "definitely not human" look, with the contrasting pale yellow funeral dress.  It's all right, and there's nothing you need to be concerned about here....

• By planetmut
      Another Ebay find! The base is foamboard, sand, and Vallejo Mud & Grass paint with some Citadel Stirland Battlemire. The model was a ton of fun to paint.

• By R2ED
      Still needs some basing, but he's off to a good start.

Interesting how this worked out. 
      I did dry brushing on the first two layers of greens.  
      Then went back in with regular brush and layers, but didn't think it was loud enough.  What this?  A huge stock pile of BCA pink?  Better put it to use.  I mixed that into the alien green and base, then touched it up with pink to add some warmth (i mean as warm as aghast should be #dead) in the highlights.  Pink and green were a fun combo. 

I'm not totally into the tattered shirt colors the more i look at it.  I may need to use a wash over it, which i try to avoid, to add some dirt/grime look to it.  It's too clean and vibrant. But hey, i did layer nicely. Win. 

I wasn't sure about the facial features.  I ended up just touching it up with a little green yellow for discoloration around the mouth, but seems like he still needs something. 

Next thing i need to do is make a fun base for him.  Something Halloween feeling for sure.  Thanks @Reaper_Jonfor the ghoulie bags and free minis.  Putting them to good use.