Sign in to follow this  
Metalchaos

Halloween 2012 "Treating the threat"

As we approach the Halloween night, howling creatures are gathering attracted by the stench of death.

Here is the modular diorama I’ve prepared for the Halloween. All models can be moved on the base to create different battle scenes.

The monsters are 02282 Ghoul Warrior by Bob Ridolfi, 02941 Ghouls and Ghast by Ben Siens and 02943 Festering Spirit by Jason Wiebe. I equipped this last one with the Flail of Pestilence. This custom built weapon was created using; the wooden stick P14106C included in the Dark Maiden sprue to make the handle, the chains are P14472D from Razig Weapons Pack, the skull is P02611A from the skulls pack and the poisoned blades are daggers from the 02871 Wererats. I had kept these daggers after switching the lycanthropes weapon for axes.

The heroes are 02386 Boris Mingla sculpted by Werner Klocke & 02938 Boris the Evil Fighter by Bobby Jackson converted with a 02899b Death knight shield. I modified his sword to make him hold it upwards and added hair on their bald heads. The tombstone are 03122d & 03274b.

I hope you'll enjoy it, happy Halloween!

post-5669-0-52774300-1351443265_thumb.jpg

post-5669-0-65075700-1351443270_thumb.jpg

post-5669-0-28921000-1351444381_thumb.jpg

post-5669-0-39441400-1351444385_thumb.jpg

post-5669-0-07589700-1351444393_thumb.jpg

post-5669-0-30127600-1351444397_thumb.jpg

post-5669-0-17571000-1351443359.jpg

• Like 4

I think I'm most impressed by the amount of work you put into the tombstones, something most people would have half-assed.

And that custom built flail is...wow. Just Wow!

• Like 1

You've been posting pics of these completed minis for the last couple months and it's great to see how your overall diorama came together! I think the birch trees were an especially nice touch.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      Artisan Guild 3D Design.
      Printed on my Elegoo Mars.

Part of my Horde of the North Project.
      WIP here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79398-horde-of-the-north-glitterwolf-paints-barbarians-and-mammoths/&tab=comments#comment-1686478

Here she is.
      For those interested she is a free sample on Thingieverse.

• By Inarah
      Unknown female vampire figure I picked up in a boxed game set.  Can't remember the exact name or manufacturer.  Box art showed them in purple, I wanted to explore other colors.  I see her as the kind of vampire that likes to play with her food and enjoys a bit of lively sport. I have 2 of her sisters to do in other colors. 

The photo is a bit washed out from the flash.  Her skin is a pale grey, different than her white gloves.  Casting on the face is strange, she has an odd shaped mouth, and no nose so I painted one on. 
    • By Iridil
      And what's a graveyard setting without some undead wolves to harry the party in the snow?

• By Vytau
      So here is one of two converted Kang, Half-Orcs (02514) I've done.  Pretty sure I posted the other one around here somewhere...maybe I'll try to dig it up later for a side-by-side. 

Anyway, here goes:  

Kang Half-Orc converted to carry a Reaper Bow in his left hand  and a battleaxe in his right (the plastic Bones 3 weapon sprues).  Also has a shield (a GW bit from a really old Brettonian knight) and a GW quiver (Mordheim / Empire free company).   Shield painted purple and yellow because I like color and I get bored painting "realistic" neutrals & darks & such.  As always, my mini photography skills are complete butt thanks in part to using a really cheap light box and a really cheap camera phone.  

99% reaper paints:  Olive triad mixed with scholar flesh, pure black and white, woodland brown, ashen brown, white metal triad, various washes. 

This mini actually has kind of a weird story.  

This mini represents my character Zarkosh Bowyer in a short Wildemount campaign.  This campaign is being played 100% online thanks to COVID-19, so he is 100% unnecessary.  Same goes for another mini I painted (Duke Gerard in Bones and Metal) which was for a DIFFERENT 100% online campaign.  But that's only part of the backstory. 

I actually BOUGHT this miniature back in like 2004.  I bought two of him - my friend & roommate and I decided to play Barbarian brothers from the same tribe.  I converted and painted mine to carry a war hammer and a shield.  My roommate never got around to doing anything with his, and so it went back in my "Someday" box.  

For sixteen years. 

Anyway, I finally got around to doing something with the mini - hopefully, Zarkosh does better in this campaign than the previous character incarnating the mini did in his!  

May come back and tidy up some edges & half-tones, may not.  Don't know how much more time I want to give this one.  Probably won't get TONS better than it is now, so here we go. 

• By TheOldGuard
      Greetings!

Vietnam Zombie with gun from Citadel Miniatures of old!

This was a limited release which was linked with both the Chainsaw Warrior board game & 40K Chaos.

Thanks for looking!

• Who's Online   27 Members, 1 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)