Sign in to follow this  
Argentee

Alternate History Recommendations

I like Harry Turtledove and his various AH novels/series. I especially like Household Gods, which he wrote with Judith Tarr. It's more SF/time travel than alternate history, but I really liked it.

Oh, nertz. The books I would have recommended have already been. xD No - wait.

Patricia C. Wrede and Caroline Stevermer's Regency era series which starts with "Sorcery and Cecilia or the Enchanted Chocolate Pot". The first two are wonderful. I haven't yet read "The Mislaid Magician" or seen if there are any further stories in the series.

I believe Caroline Stevermer's "College of Magics" series could also be considered alt history. It's certainly in an alternate version of the sort of mid-1800s.

I can't think of any other series/stand-alones off of the top of my head.

Not sure if you realise but there are a number of follow on books from 1632: Erik Flint.

He's also done another version of the same but involving dinosaws.. (cant remember the name sorry)

Not sure if you realise but there are a number of follow on books from 1632: Erik Flint.

He's also done another version of the same but involving dinosaws.. (cant remember the name sorry)

I own them all. And subscribe to the Grantville Gazette. And the one with the Dinosaurs is Timespike.

I love the 1632 series and Timespike as well. Eric Flint also has another alternate history book, The Arkansas War. I have not read it, so I cannot say if its good or not.