Reaper 2012 Secret Sophie Holiday Gift Exchange!

recruittons

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My only comment is I prefer "Secret Sophie" to white-elephant. White elephant generally indicates a gift/trade system where one person picks an item from a group, then the next person can pick an unknown item, or take the first person's item (who then gets an unknown from the pile). So, yeah. Secret Sophie. :upside:

-Dave

I have to say, I've never heard "White Elephant" used that way before - I've always heard that term to mean something that you didn't actually want that was given as a gift. What you're describing I've heard as a "Gypsy Christmas," which, yes, I know is offensive to some.

I'm originally from the mid west and now line in the Mountain West and White Elephant is used for both terms everywhere I've lived with the more common being people picking from a group of gifts.

• Like 1

Easy-peasy solution, Recruittons.

Give your information to a neutral, trustworthy third-party on the forums, like ReaperBryan. State that you have done so. Anybody interested in sending you Free Thank You Lewtz Miniz can contact NTTP for your information, and send you stuff anonymouselingsly.

Okay! If somebody would like to volunteer to send my Secret Sophie gift, I've left my mailing information with Reaperbryan, as he has agreed to be keeper of said info!

If there are no volunteers, my feelings will not be hurt. I get a ton of personal satisfaction from running these!

Anyway, this has made my final assignments much easier and I'll have PMs out to everyone that wanted to paint for their recipient out by tomorrow evening at the latest! Everyone else will be getting their assignments by next Friday to allow for any last minutes join-ups to the event.

I just wanted to publicly thank all of my anonymous givers. You're all amazing people and extremely generous for being a part of this process. Happy Thanksgiving and merry Reapermas!

• Like 4

Now, anybody who told me they were going to be painting their gift should have been notified of their recipient! If I've somehow missed you, please let me know.

If you will be sending an unpainted mini, fret not! You will get assigned your recipient next Friday.

Anyway, have a great weekend and enjoy yourselves! ::D: