• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kangaroorex
      I recently finished kaphrixis using the scale 75 copper metallics.  It's for a gift so it needs to be sealed and I am at a loss as to what to use.  Using either a glosscoat or a dullcote will change the brightness of the metal.  Does anyone  have suggestions on which way to go?  Or is there another option?  If it were to remain mine I would just put it in the display case unsealed.

Thanks for any help.
    • By Sophie was taken
      I’ve got some of both these products, but I’m not sure exactly how they’re supposed to be used.

I’ve tried the primer a few times, but compared to spray primer it’s very liquidy (not a surprise, since it’s a liquid). The issue is I don’t know if it is being properly applied or just running off into the cracks. It doesn’t turn the metal white, but I don’t even know if that is supposed to happen or not. Am I using it correctly?

As for the brush-on sealer, what is it for and what does it do? I’m assuming it goes on at the end, and if that means I don’t need to buy yet another aerosol product, that would be swell.
    • By SparrowMarie
      I'm looking for a spray on sealant that won't make bones all sticky. I'm going to be applying some decals to my TARDIS and would like them to stay put. Any advice/recommendations?
    • By Arydis
      The goal is to make a miniature's shield look almost like a cracked crystal portal (to a galaxy).  My thought to achieve this is to create an illusion of depth with an underpainting, MANY layers of varnish, and even small touches of paint between layers.  Being a mini, there won't be too much bulk, but I wondered if anyone had any experience with a project like this and could offer any pointers.  Would this idea work?   
    • By Pingo
      I'm planning to test some different ways of varnishing Bones, since there is some confusion and some materials seem to dry sticky, or turn sticky after some time.

This is going to be a long-term experiment because of the aforementioned change over time.

I have a dozen rats and five mummies from the first two Bones Kickstarters which I have painted up in colors known for their shininess (the blacks and reds on the rats) and their matte qualities (the grey bases and the linen color on the mummies).

These are super quick paints, just there to test the results.

Once they are fully cured I plan to number them under their bases and experiment with different combinations of matte and gloss finish, including at least one unvarnished of each type.

I plan to report back after some time has passed.

• Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 226 Guests (See full list)