Sign in to follow this  
Inarah

Karkarion faction?

Those of you who do the rule-writing for Warlord, can you tell me if there are plans to make a Karkarion faction? I really enjoyed playing them in the one game at Reapercon, and I want to invest in the models if there are rules in the works.

I was working on my own for fun after Reapercon. I've been trying to decide what the faction theme, army abilities, & warlord abilities should be. But yes I would also really like to see a Karkarion faction.

AFAIK, there is nothing further official in development for Warlord right now. Without digging in to the datacards too much, I'd imagine they'd make decent proxies for Koborlas.

~v

I made up data cards for Karkarions, Slith, and Fairweather Pirates for my ReaperCon12 game. They are small lists with only 4-6 data cards and they don't have point values. But Sergei is correct, I am happy to share them.

I too would like to see a Karkarion faction. I am fairly new to Warlord. Who would we need to lobby to get some movement toward official rules on the Karkarions.

Thanks Inarah for starting the thread. It was good to meet you and Reaperbryan at Millenium.

Lobbying per se probably won't do you much good. Reaper is going to have their hands pretty well full with handling their normal business plus the Kickstarter over the next several months. I'd not expect them to devote much resources to pushing anything new for Warlord in light of that, especially when you consider that both of the last supplements were largely produced though the efforts of long-time Warlord players and forum members, rather than an in-house game design team.

I guess the best advice I can offer is that if you (and others like you), really like the Karkarions, say so in the "minis we would like to see" threads with suggestions for additional Karkarions (thresher? whale shark? etc.), requests to see the Karkarions in Bones, etc. Reaper folks do patrol those threads; if Reaper sees the demand for the Karkarions, it might just provide the leverage to see them turned in to a Warlord faction at some point. Honestly, however, I'd not expect anything official any time soon.

~v

I would love to see a Karkarion faction. I think that would be boss. However! Datacard wise I would suspect they are fairly similar to Koborlas. Infact! If you really had an urge and the mind for it I bet you could create a proxied up Koborlas list that would play every bit like a swarm of blood crazed shark people and still be very viable. :)

Well it seems to me that there is probably enough to make another faction book;

Warlord Islands of Fire;

Karkarion, Fire Giants, Halflings, Pirates (living ones), Lizardmen, Bathalians, Anhurian and Breone.

Seeing that the last book was mostly driven by fans why could this one not be mostly driven by fans? Doesn't the existence of Kickstarter now also mean that once the book is sorted out Reaper could "test the waters" and ensure that it, and the associated miniatures will pay for itself to start with before they need to lock themselves in?