65094: Torin, Thief

Adrift

Painted this guy up over the last couple nights.

This is my first ever major weapons modification using green stuff. I have attached the original sculpt picture from the Reaper Store. This guy just begged to be a duelist in my opinion, and thus a duelist was born. I tried to use a color palette that was both duelist flashy, but still retained some of that rogue, "I can hide and sneak real good like".

I used green stuff to make the terrain of the base as well, and that in turn is resting on a square wooden base.

C&C always welcome from any level of painter alike!

post-7416-0-97568000-1353091877.jpg

post-7416-0-38274100-1353091881.jpg

post-7416-0-55743200-1353091883.jpg

post-7416-0-78573100-1353091886.jpg

post-7416-0-37022100-1353091889.jpg

• Like 10

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicely done.

The sword came out nice. He certainly still looks the rogue. His clothing, cloak included, is very well done.

I agree with MonkeySloth, unless the streets run with whole milk, it's a bit stark. :blink:

Did you clear the broccoli base completely or sculpt it into the new base?

• Like 1

I like the sculpting of the sword blade.

The hand guard looks a little rough, more like fabric than steel. Though as a gaming mini it's fine.

The cloak is wonderfully blended and the rest of the clothing looks good as well.

The one thing I don't like is the NMM. It just doesn't look anything like a large chunk of steel to me. The highlight is too large and similarly that shadow for being so black is too large. I've held blades that large and that's just not normal. (This is why I struggle so much with NMM and keep passing on it getting it too look right just never seems to happen & though metallics don't look right either they are less wrong than anything I seem to do with NMM.)

• Like 1

Thanks! I learned a lot considering this was my first true weapons modification. There were some definite sculpting flaws I had to work around even after filing the thing and working to get it as well prepped as possible. I love to tinker and try things so hopefully it's even better next time!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Inarah
      Merisiel, Iconic Rogue.  The original artwork is very good but this is one of the early Bones models that did not translate well to the medium.   She flops over, the weapons did not come out well, and much of her detail is guesswork.  I even had to sculpt her a nose because she didn't come with one.  I tried to follow the artwork more or less, but it wasn't worth the effort to spend too much time on her. 

• By Krassling
      I am Working on my Adventuring kids. I liked the idea of having these Minis for my Kids.
      Currently it is the thief. Well, my Girls dont like thieves so much, so it will be more something else. We will see.

I startet with some green. Looked a little scary. 

• By Glitterwolf
      Aline The Bold from Artisan Guild
      3D printed on my Elegoo Mars.
      WIP
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/92913-aline-the-bold-rogue-by-glitterwolf/&tab=comments#comment-1968546

Not happy with this one, the primer made her gritty, it took me a long time to finally finish her.
      Oh well, another mini done, not my best stuff but her she is anyway.

• By Inarah
      This was a fun and easy paint job. He comes with a variety of arms and weapon options so you can customize the figure. (and the extra arms are nice for conversions)

• By MoonglowMinis
      The last of my player characters I painted up for Frostrun is Ophelia Pokitz, a young halfling with sticky fingers.  They're represented here by Bailey Silverbell.

Ophelia was a fun mini as well.  Was my first time painting a humanoid with large facial features, which made it a lot easier to bring definition to the nose, lips, and eyes.  I think I even hit the cheeks with a bit of blush.  I also had fun trying to make their cloak look like it was made of fur.  The result is acceptable, but might also just look snow covered.  You can be the judge.  I also enjoyed painting a rogue that was both colorful, but subdued.  The dark greens and magentas add some much needed life to the otherwise dark mini, in my opinion.

More Photos beneath the spoiler:

Ophelia Pokitz is what you would call a troubled teen.  Orphaned at a young age, Ophelia spent much of their childhood passing from orphanage to orphanage, always finding a way to get kicked out.  They eventually left the system and struck out on their own, traveling to some of the larger cities in search of a better life.  Over the years, Ophelia has learned to use their small size and tiny hands to "reposes" any valuables that aren't bolted down.  This habit has put them on a wanted list in many towns across the countryside.  Pushed further north, Ophelia has found themselves in the town of Harpy's Hearth.  Ignorant of their southern reputation, and full of gold-carrying adventurers, this could be a great place for Ophelia to catch a break and line their own pockets.  It could also be a great place to find a new family.  If they can survive the darkness to come.

Read their story and check out the rest of the Frostrun project HERE.
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)