Sign in to follow this  
Frankthedm

Kingdom Death Kickstarter

Unfortunately, seeing the second video made me realize that the game may too much of a time investment. Not just to get the pieces ready to play, but to get to the cooler monsters, it sounds like the group has to have gone though several sessions of play.to build up the survivors.

Since it's your game you could just start out people at a higher level saying they've defeated X monster(s) and drawing random rewards and such. Nothing says you have to do this in campaign mode.

Looks like the next stretch goal is a KD Pinup version of Link from the legend of Zelda o_0 .... or maybe a really angry smurf

Hopefully the big jump in goal costs this time means she may not be a paid for option for some, doesn't look like it'll be too long before we find out.

1175k-stretch-goal.jpg

Edited by Nocturne

1.2 Million Goal SMASHED! We've unlocked the Green Knight Armor!

Update #46

This is it, the final Herald of Death thank you gift AND my very last chance to sleep until the kickstarter ends!

The Green Knight Armor is a very special and very difficult armor to create. It requires a number of forgotten molds to be collected, reconstructed AND several rare resources from the Dung Beetle Knight, Flower Knight AND the Lion Knight! ( you'll also need some trace amounts of gormite, for the under armor lining! ) The armor is masterpiece and it cannot be combined with other armors in the game. Because of this, the miniatures are mono sculpts and only their hands are compatible with the other miniature armor kits.

It is however a pretty badass set! Speaking of Badasses, the Green Knight Armor is an included gift with the other Herald of Death Rewards. This means that if your pledge total is $300 + ( this includes the $45 for international backers ) You will get the Man Hunter, Lion Knight & Court AND the Green Knight Armor as thank you gift from me to you for being an awesome supporter.

If for some reason you need extra sets ( pledging for multiple people at once ) The Green Knight Armor is available for +$25, it comes with a single male and female survivor fully suited in the legendary Green Knight Armor and the rules / cards required to add them to your campaign.

!!! Ok !!!! I am off to sleep for I think the final time before the kickstarter comes to an end! Good night and thank you everyone!!!1300k-stretch-goal.jpg

Looks like I have just under 2 days to figure out how much this might cost me...

Ends 5pm Monday est.

6pm EST

He said he's going to put together a list of the resin box, I think he's reluctant because it will be expensive (for him to fulfill).

Hurm...at 9 when I checked time remaining it said I had 44 hours. Not that I'm complaining. I'll likely need the extra hour.

KS is weird like that. 2 hours can mean 2 hours and 59 minutes. Below the timer is a time and date for the end.

Edited by CashWiley

It is now past the 1.35 MM$ stretch with about 33 hours left to go, and the pledge pace has taken off over the last two days with 174 k$ yesterday and 125 k$ the day before. The statistic I find astounding is the average pledge is $324, which is higher than any other mini KS I am aware of. Reaper bones average was 194 $/pledge (albeit with 13000 more pledges). I would have also figured with as many recent mini KS as there have been that the usual suspects would have been short of coin by now for that magnitude of pledge. So far the trend has been that the pledge increases have outpaced the new pledges, so KD average has been going up for a while, will be interesting to see where it lands.

The Herald of Death honorary pledge level has a lot to do with it, I think. There's also a bunch of folk backing this one that can't make their will saves vs. bewbies, so the pin-ups are going like mad.

There are several pin-ups I really like, but most of them don't really fit in with the aesthetic of actual 40's/50's pin-up style (which I really love). There's too much skin to be pure "cheesecake," and too much clothing to be "soft-core" (not to mention, the nipple coverage is just a bit absurd on some of these). I do love the fact that many of them are of the curvy-in-the-hips variety, though.

Personally, I'm in for the Lantern Festival (mostly just for the Scribe), the Watcher, the Phoenix Dancer pin-up, and the Adam & Anna KS exclusive starters. I'll actually put those minis to some kind of use, and they'll be fun to paint. The game looks like a blast, but I already play D&D and my weekly board game group wants less intensive games (like Dominant Species or Game of Thrones BG).

I have the Scribe collector resin, he might be my favorite mini. The fiancee saw it and she actually liked it a lot, said it's like a classical statue with a weird twist. Or five.

• Like 1

I actually just bought a King's Hand collector's resin, and he's freaking amazing. I think he's the first mini I've bought that had genuinely zero mold lines, flash or pitting. I think I'm just going to grey prime him and give him a black wash and call it. Let him be a little statue.

Right now I've got the Flower Knight resin, and the Leather Queen, Spider Silk Assassin, Holiday Nico with room to add one more KS exclusive Pin up or the watcher..