Reaper Con Here we come

chaosscorpion

and yes it is uphill.

People come and go from the convention at all times for lunch and such, but keep in mind if you leave and forgo Sonic Mike and his tasty treats, you WILL lose your parking spot.

And at least on Wed, Thur and Fri you can count on your car being towed if you park in the wrong place! The other businesses there are not shy about calling in the tow trucks. Saturday is usually better because not all the businesses are open and you can park in almost any space.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the emphasis on parking, imho, is good motivation to coordinate transportation efforts. maybe Reaper would be willing to provide a two or three Carpool Only parking spots for the con? Reaper could even get the local hotels that are getting filled by Convention goers to sponsor that idea, maybe even provide free shuttles service to the con as a thank you for the business they'll be getting...?

• Like 1

the emphasis on parking, imho, is good motivation to coordinate transportation efforts. maybe Reaper would be willing to provide a two or three Carpool Only parking spots for the con? Reaper could even get the local hotels that are getting filled by Convention goers to sponsor that idea, maybe even provide free shuttles service to the con as a thank you for the business they'll be getting...?

It looks like we'll be bringing the third seat in the van (and since there's at most three of us in the van) so we can fit extra people (5 more, if you don't mind a little intimacy).

• Like 1

It looks like we'll be bringing the third seat in the van (and since there's at most three of us in the van) so we can fit extra people (5 more, if you don't mind a little intimacy).

Pff! i did 4 years on a submarine. I'm game. :B):

• Like 3

Most of the hotels in the area are to small to have their own shuttle services but probably worth asking about. Its a nice idea about have some carpool only spots but I'm not sure how realistic that would be in the face of trying to encourage everyone to carpool. As an added note. There are a number of spaces designated as Reaper only those are for Reaper employees not con attendees.

Most of the hotels in the area are to small to have their own shuttle services but probably worth asking about. Its a nice idea about have some carpool only spots but I'm not sure how realistic that would be in the face of trying to encourage everyone to carpool. As an added note. There are a number of spaces designated as Reaper only those are for Reaper employees not con attendees.

I assumed there would be employee parking and I personally won't dare mess with those spots, lol.

An alternative to using hotel shuttles could be getting the hotels to give discounts to those volunteering to do shuttling? Maybe get the hotel to pay for a large van rental and we get a volunteer to do the driving? I would volunteer to run a shuttle circuit in the mornings and evenings (the days I'm there) for free if the vehicle and gas was paid for. I used to do that on duty days when I was stationed in San Diego so I'm comfortable with those kinds of vehicles and on-the-spot navigation.

Edited by Girot

People come and go from the convention at all times for lunch and such, but keep in mind if you leave and forgo Sonic Mike and his tasty treats, you WILL lose your parking spot.

If you lose your spot, what's the alternative? Is there street parking farther away? How far are we talking about?

There is no street parking. There is a little lot right in the front as you drive into the complex that you can park in on the weekends. I think the High School is close enough to park in their lot, but that would definitely be a weekend only situation as school would still be in session. We probably need to summon Bryan for parking details.

Google Maps

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=reaper+miniatures&ie=UTF-8&ei=BJ7sUMePEOeujAKGpIGgAw&ved=0CAsQ_AUoAA

This is Reaper. the space out front & on the side of Reaper is the parking spots. The rest are the other business in the area. Also by the road(Teasley Lane) is a small parking lot as well

(note the game store marking is wrong, it's all in the same place)

1. I blocked off my time with my new boss yesterday for ReaperCon. Yay.

2. I got the list of classes I'm teaching from Anne and I remembered that I said I'd teach most of them. Sorta Yay.

3. RE: Costumes & paint. Last year, I wanted to dress for theme a little but since my main job at ReaperCon is to be a painter, I was not so excited about painting in a corset. I ended up bringing an apron to wear over my clothes when I was painting in costume and it was fine (though I didn't spill paint so I didn't actually test the effectiveness of my apron).

Ali

• Like 3

I'm thinking that with all the people driving in, I'm sure that someone will be kind enough to let me ride with them to the con from the hotel.

Last year I rented a car at the airport - it was more expensive than my flight! The only saving grace was that I was able to make sure one of my meals was BBQ each day ;)

• Like 1

Our room has been reserved at the Best Western, and we will have space for up to 5 others, so if anyone needs a ride from the BW to the con (and back), I can help. I can't guarantee how you'll get lunch... Once I hit the con, I plan on closing it down (or at least staying until my wife drags me off). :)

-Dave

• Like 1