Games & Gears Gaming Boards

Orlando_the_Technicoloured

Worth a look, especially for the wargamers here : The also look good for fancying up card gaming

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/554355176/gaming-boards-great-quality-great-price-and-great

Games & Gears Gaming Boards: Each Board is: 12” by 12 Inches which you build up and can clip together to make bigger gaming boards. The Battle Boards come unpainted or painted (check pledge & our painting service). The Deluxe Quality Gaming board has a smooth felt surface finish so you can enjoy your much loved Board Games, RPG, Card Games and other Table Top Games.

Note: They have quite a high target (£40,000 or about $64,000) which may be a bit tricky at this time of year (ends 2 days after Xmas)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I already responded to a thread about this but refreshed page and couldn't see it so...

Basically been trying to drum up support for these guys as well. They seem really committed to creating a great product. To the point where they made a new scifi board based on community input.

I hope they succeed,as getting a full 6' x 4' table for $160 including shipping is pretty good deal for a hard plastic, detailed board that clips together and can be stored stacked to save space.

Anyway, thought I'd check if Reaper forums had this as so many people have hundreds of mini's on the way. A skirmish sized pack or the full table size is certainly going to come in handy for me and I imagine many others.

It looks good, but as others have said, the timing is bad. I just can't afford to back it right now at the size I'd need to make it useful to me.

Hopefully they'll run another kickstarter sometime in the future or else just go straight to retail.

Yeah, I rather like the look of these but I'm a little broke right now and also have a gaming board coming out of Endless.

On a tangent I feel very left out whenever they have these 'free to the US, EU, Canada and Australia' options. I always feel left out here in NZ. :p The shipping is a good deal here though, so nothing to legitimately gripe about.

• Members

4x4 board will be $60, 4 x 6 board will be $100

Wow, what an amazing couple of days. We have had an amazing response to our poll over 230 "Hell Yes"!! To Clarify all the points in our Games & Gears Battle Board Poll: Games & Gears Battle Boards 6 by 4 100.00USD, 4 by 4 60.00USD. Free Shipping to: USA, Canada, EU, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia & New Zealand. Kickstarter Launch: June/July. Dispatching your battle boards to you: August/September! (we are well known for our quick dispatch and great quality. 16 unique textures per battle board which sync together. Here is a taster of our detail and quality of our injection molded plastic battle boards:

samples

561430_186262464855576_368847737_n.jpg

556727_487430741279460_975281005_n.jpg

wow thats significantly cheaper then SW's kickstarter and GW's battle board.

Its pretty close to the same price as a zuzzy mat

I hope they launch this before the SW one is over to compare them better

edit: oh crap just read the timeline..ack no way to see this launch before SW's ends

Edited by bloodydrake

wow thats significantly cheaper then SW's kickstarter and GW's battle board.

Its pretty close to the same price as a zuzzy mat

I hope they launch this before the SW one is over to compare them better

edit: oh crap just read the timeline..ack no way to see this launch before SW's ends

Also, this seems to be a single format board (like the Zuzzy mats) whereas SW's boards are modular tiles. Easier to scale up or down your board, easier to store and transport, and you can jumble their layout for a different board each time.

I admit I like this price better, though. ::):