In our town one of the teaches loves games and holds a small weekend convention.

While there I picked up some new pulp figures.

How can you go wrong buying extra cultists and Nazis?

Being a big fan of the Hellboy movie I had to make the following:

post-5131-0-98750200-1353895730_thumb.jpg

Didn't notice how badly his feet are floating until I got a low angle shot.

Oh well, nobody will be looking at that in game ;)

I hope...

• Like 5
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fun piece. Are the tentacle eyes coming out of something or is that how the monster looks?

In the movie they opened a portal and tentacles started coming through. I did a color burst around them to simulate a portal, but of course you can't see that...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      Dawn at St. Toad's Mere.
      The worshipers gather by the dolmen.
      With scroll and orb, bell and blade, chalice, keys, and tome. 

But what manner of worshipers are these, so pale and clammy? And why does that one's hand bend so?
      Is that...is that an arm, or something else?

Lo! a foul miracle! They have become as their unwholesome master, transmuted into a kind of glory through their dark rites. Some still retain hands, or things in the semblance of hands, the better to wield tools built by and for hands, but others have transcended or transgressed beyond even these. Soon they will renounce limbs and spines altogether, shed their robes and live to writhe and squirm beneath the mire with their lord forever. 

These are fantastic fellows--something about their eyeless fleshy heads makes them even more enigmatic and eerie than your average illithid. What are they up to? and what will their rituals bring upon the troubled earth?
      For all your eldritch cult needs. Could work as an alien species in a pinch. 

(The cultist with the dagger does not come with a bell; that's a repurposed earring back and pin.)

• By Dan S
      I hadn't planned too, but I've reposted this here on the advice of Glitterwolf, as the WIP forum doesn't tend to see as much traffic.  It is a little scenic backdrop that I have been working on over the past 3 weeks, an old smugglers cache that was abandoned decades earlier when an ancient horror took up residence in the old sewer tunnels.  For the ancient horror I used Reapers 'Spell Effect: Shadow Tentacles (SKU:  77367)

Vastly different to the sort of scenes and terrain I normally build, but it came out ok in the end.

Setting the Scene

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, here are a few pictures of the 03017, Charnel Grub aka Carrion Cralwer I painted for the diorama I recently finished. This metal Dark Heaven Legends model was sculpted by Jason Wiebe and is also avalable in Bones under SKU # 77226.            
    • By aku-chan
      https://imgur.com/W2NvtQC
      https://imgur.com/CoB0ov8
      https://imgur.com/VPqucvu
      https://imgur.com/LLnJilq

'In the far west of the Borderlands, there is a land that spends a quarter of every year in darkness, the only light coming from the great gatherings of Sunstalkers that cover the plains.
      The locals tell a tale, about how the Sunstalkers, being the children of Night, aid her in her endless battle against Day by trying to eat the Sun. Whenever the Sun reaches the horizon the Sunstalkers gather, only to be held at bay by a mysterious person known as The Dawn Maiden.
      However, the constant battling eventually tries her out and inevitably she must leave the Sun unguarded, at which point it is devoured.
      In the end, her strength replenished, The Dawn Maiden returns and hunts down every Sunstalker, the indigestible fragments of Sun causing them to glow in the darkness. She cuts open their bloated bellies, reassembles the Sun piece by piece and releases it back into the sky to restart the cycle.'

Presenting the Sunstalker, a monster from the game Kingdom Death: Monster.

I don't really have the patience (or big enough brushes) for larger minis like this, so kept it super simple with lots of drybrushing. Despite that, I think it looks pretty good, so I'm happy.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, here's a Wizards of the Coast woc40047, Grick.
      This pewter model was sculpted by Neil McKenzie in 2000 and is now out of production.
      It's mounted on a 25mm round base.

• Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 76 Guests (See full list)