Eldessa Necromancer (#02966)

Jay

post-5131-0-43788300-1353896138_thumb.jpg

Put her on a pentagram base for effect.

I did my best to repair her face.

I think the eyes could use more work but after the fourth try I gave up :(

Oh wait. "I meant to do that." Yeah, that's it.

<edit: a better color adjusted picture:>

post-5131-0-65873900-1353905912_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was painting this one before moveing, some of the paint chiped and I couldent remember the ratio of red and gold for the cloak *sob* oh well restarting her after her soak. Lovely shadeing on the cloak might have been nice with more skin shadeing but thats just me.

Wonderful paint job thank you for posting it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By R2ED
      Just keep on plugging away at these bones 5 set.  So so so much to paint still. 

Here we go.  The necromancer.

I am going to say i hate bone white from vallejo.  That stuff has terrible coverage.  Chalky.   And thinning it makes it take forever to dry.  Not a fan.  Every time i is it i think, "i should mark this bottle with an x."  

I wanted the cape to be darker red, but it still works.  I was nearly going to paint it purple and make her clothes red, but didn't.  She looks way way way too colorful for a necromancer, but it's what it is now.  

• By Rigel
      We've seen Mole People. We've seen Mouse People. Now, let's meet some Bat People! These are Yogs from Zombiesmith and I love them so much. My players, probably less so. 

Look at those lumpy, top-heavy armored union suits! Those dainty feet and burly arms! 

These models are "Yog Skusto," clearly the fellows in charge of fighting and labor. I added some GW Bitz--they did not come with the ring plate on the back or the little reliquaries.
      But it adds visual interest and I like the juxtaposition of this diving-suit-era technology and elaborate religion. I figure at least one of my sci-fi factions should be strongly influenced by faith and zeal.

And especially so in the case of Yog Sagonto here! This one got a lot of bitz added, including about five books, but the seals and scrolls on their cape came with the model. Clearly the intellectual / ambassador / diplomat / prophet type.  Needs a grandiose title like "High Proselyte and Exalted Scriptorian Sagonto of the Desmodans."

]

Clearly a creature that values the written word. I love the revealed culture in all the little details. 

Of course they are vampire bats. Alien religions are fun, and B-movies show us that SPACE VAMPIRES are also fun, and the World of Darkness games show us that religious vampires are also fun! So a highly religious species of blood-drinking chiropterans surviving on a geothermally dying planet orbiting a lightless system whose sun collapsed into a black hole ('cause symbolism is fun too) should be pretty rad. Great opportunity for ethical dilemmas, philosophical questions, or just straight-up pew-pew laser fights.
    • By KruleBear
      This one has been on the desk for awhile to receive paint as there was extra on the palette. I decided to finish him off last night. Added highlights to the cloak and skulls. Shaded everything, but the cloak with Army Painter Dark Tone. I didn’t add any highlights or shading beyond the basics as it isn’t a great cast. But, I think it turned out great for the toy box. 

• By Zira
      First Reaper minis I've painted! Pretty proud of how the spider turned out! I tried to get an iridescent look on the crow, but I couldn't quite figure it out 😅
      Constructive critiques welcome!

• By bblythe84
      I painted her up as a fun project. Let me know what you think. 

I am trying to improve my painting abilities.

The purple marking on her thigh was supposed to be a skull tattoo, it didn't really work as well as I had hoped.