Raquel Blackrose, Buccaneer (#50134)

Jay

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Girot, IIRC the base is one of a pair of "dungeon" bases I got on Ebay a few years ago. (they were a gift to Jay) I don't remember the manufacturer, but I bought from Dzur2003. Not microarts, not armorcast, not Forgecraft. Sorry I can't give you more info.

so cute! Love the base. Is it leaning in real life? Washer maybe for stability? Excellent work on the hat decoration!

Yes, I glued it to a bottle cap to paint it and the glue was better than I thought. I'll have to file or sand it off.

Thanks for the compliments

Girot, IIRC the base is one of a pair of "dungeon" bases I got on Ebay a few years ago. (they were a gift to Jay) I don't remember the manufacturer, but I bought from Dzur2003. Not microarts, not armorcast, not Forgecraft. Sorry I can't give you more info.

Oh no worries. I very recently did a ton of looking around for bases that were sculpted like wooden boards. I've seen that base I just can't remember who made it.

so cute! Love the base. Is it leaning in real life? Washer maybe for stability? Excellent work on the hat decoration!

Yes, I glued it to a bottle cap to paint it and the glue was better than I thought. I'll have to file or sand it off.

Thanks for the compliments

I don't use glue anymore Ive switched to been using poster tack (unless its a solo figure with no base or its a really big figure, like the savage king) it holds them tight to the bottle cap (and doesn't harm the cap either)

Oh no worries. I very recently did a ton of looking around for bases that were sculpted like wooden boards. I've seen that base I just can't remember who made it.

have you checked out reapers? These insert into the standard warlord bases (the ones with a lip) http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Bases/latest/74019

Ive used them on all my razig figs

have you checked out reapers? These insert into the standard warlord bases (the ones with a lip) http://www.reapermin...es/latest/74019

Ive used them on all my razig figs

I've got close to a dozen models that need wooden planked bases and at $2.20 per insert it's not worth the cost. I can get whole resin bases with equivilent detail (all wood floor style) for $0.48 each. I really like the pewter inserts but they're too expensive for what my endgame is. ^_^

I've been just buying bases everywhere I go. I have a couple of storage boxes full now. It's been great to be able to look through them and find just the right base to go with a figure. It really added a lot to this one.

• Like 3