recruittons

Imbrian Arts Kickstarter

1 minute ago, Adrift said:

I hear that, and am in the same boat. I don't really want duplicates however. The dragon he was making would have been such a great sorcerer king for a Dark Sun campaign. It's a total bummer.

I don't want duplicates either, but at some point I might just want minis equal to the amount of money I gave to him.  He really can't say that we haven't been extraordinarily patient.

• Like 3

I'd just take the duplicated miniatures and try to sell on ebay or trade for something else to get some value back. My friend did that with a project on IGG several years ago. After several years of delay the creators said that it was okay to pick items from their existing range instead, so my friend picked 30 of their most expensive figure and sold on ebay, and actually made money out of it. I think it was pretty fair as he got some "interest" out of it. :D But I think, in projects like that, and in projects like Imbrian Arts, just get out with your rightful "value" and pick up whatever you want it the stuff ever comes to retail instead. For example, I dont think that the IA dragon ever will come out, but if it does, it will be expensive in terms of molding and casting and in workhour, so that IA wouldnt be able to send it out for "free" to previous backers anyhow.

Jody also has another project, reptilian overlords, where there are a lot of new releases and ...you may also choose minis from that range I would guess.

4 hours ago, zorro said:

Jody also has another project, reptilian overlords, where there are a lot of new releases and ...you may also choose minis from that range I would guess.

Do you have a link to that project? I don't see it on his KS "created" list.  And I did just send him a message asking how I get duplicates of existing stuff of equal value.

Edited by Dan d'Lyon

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ced1106
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1372111648/yokai-quest/description

• By Knight of the Dinner Table
      or a single miniature for $15 (early bird $12)

• By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hystericalgames/spitfyre-aerial-combat-in-the-skies-of-panzerfaust

About
      Welcome to The Land and the world of Spitfyre, our exciting game of aerial warfare in a fantasy world. Enter a world where Dwarves and Orcs fly giant creatures and arm them with bombs and machine guns to continue their millennia long struggles... Come fight in the skies of Spitfyre and see if you can reign supreme over The Land!
      Spitfyre is a fun 'Historo-Fantasy' miniature aerial wargame in which 10mm scale miniatures are used to depict the everyday struggles of standard fantasy races such as Orcs and Dwarves fight out battles with 20th century weaponry.
      We are keeping this Kickstarter very simple with three basic pledge levels. The key one is 'Pilot' where pledgers will receive a discounted copy of the core game and ALL stretch goals added in FREE of charge.
      THE TARGET - £1000
      Spitfyre - the core game The target goal is to produce the core game which will include the rulebook, a flight of three 10mm scale resin Orc Spitfyre wyverns, a flight of four 10mm scale polyurethane resin Dwarf War-Eagles and seven flying bases.
      STRETCH GOAL I - £1500
      If we reach Stretch Goal I, all Pilot backers will have one polyurethane resin 10mm scale Dwarf KampfGrier 87 vulture dive bomber and flying base added to their pledge for free and the rules will be extended to include dive bombing.
       More Stretch Goals to come...

one of the dwarf war eagles fresh from the mould with no clean up
    • By TheAuldGrump
      Well, the HeroQuest Kickstarter  crowdfunding is in its final few hours - I ended up being pushed over the event horizon by my girlfriend, and went in for the 110 Euro pledge.

HeroQuest was her introduction to fantasy gaming - I brought my old, battered, but much loved original copies over to her mum's house for Thanksgiving.

She still loves that game.

And... there are some elements that I am seeing that I really like - the mummies look like dried cadavers instead of Egyptian mummies, and the terrain looks fantastic.

Hopefully.... I will be able to drag the Anniversary edition to her mum's for next Christmas.

The Auld Grump

• Who's Online   20 Members, 2 Anonymous, 48 Guests (See full list)