Pathfinder MMO

Sarah Devier

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also got an e-mail indicating Beta Access was beginning.

Unless there is a compelling reason to keep this thread, I believe Physical rewards are done, and sufficient work on the software is done to satisfy the community requirements of this thread.

We will close this thread.  If anyone feels it serves community needs, and should be reopened feel free to PM me.

I got the Early Access email.  The irritating thing about what they are doing is it turns out that Early Access is the Beta Test phase of the development cycle.  And activating your Early Access counts against your purchased game months.  So the bottom line is you have to pay full price to help beta test the game.  

As I was rather unimpressed with what I saw during the Alpha stress test, I am holding off activating my 4 months of game time.  They said even logging in to verify the game was installed correctly would start your time.  They did mention something about a yet to be implemented "Time Management" system.  So it may be that in the future you don't get charged for time you are not on.   

• Like 1

I got the Early Access email.  The irritating thing about what they are doing is it turns out that Early Access is the Beta Test phase of the development cycle.  And activating your Early Access counts against your purchased game months.  So the bottom line is you have to pay full price to help beta test the game.  

As I was rather unimpressed with what I saw during the Alpha stress test, I am holding off activating my 4 months of game time.  They said even logging in to verify the game was installed correctly would start your time.  They did mention something about a yet to be implemented "Time Management" system.  So it may be that in the future you don't get charged for time you are not on.   

My e-mail doesn't say anything like that.  Can you copy/paste for my benefit?

Let me wade through it.  It was a generic email IIRC.  We've started early access or some such.

Edit:  here are the relevant bits:

Early Enrollment Has Begun! Alpha and Early Enrollees Can Play TODAY!

On New Year's Eve, Pathfinder Online went ... online!

Early Enrollment has begun. All players with Early Enrollment access can log in and play right now. Explorer Enrollees will get access in February, and Open Enrollees can upgrade to Early or Explorer Enrollment through the Goblinworks Shop.

Get ALL the XP!

All players who create a character in the month of January will have their XP backdated to the start of Early Enrollment. Players with the Destiny's Twin perk from the Kickstarter will also get their Destiny's Twin's XP backdated as well!

Blogs Galore!

We've posted several blogs to update the community on the start of Early Enrollment:

#Spread the Word!

We need your help to make sure that as many people as possible know that the game has begun Early Enrollment. Please forward this email to anyone you think may be interested in playing Pathfinder Online.

• On Twitter, please use #pathfinderonline to tag tweets you're making about the game and follow @Goblinworksinc!
  • On Facebook, please "like" Goblinworks!
Edited by Dilvish the Deliverer

From the Dec 29th "Managing your Game Time...." posting on the Goblin Works site.

{ For the first month of Early Enrollment we will not have our account management system deployed which means that you will not have a way to manage the game time associated with your account. For this short, initial period, we are going to simply rely on server logs to determine if you have logged in to the game, and thereby started using your game time.

For Month 1, if you log into the game client (not the website), even if you do not enter the game world, that will consume one month of your game time. The anniversary of your first month will be 30 days after the date that you logged into the game client.

We expect to have our account management tool ready before the end of the first month which will make it possible for you to manage the use of your game time directly in Month 2 and beyond. When that tool is deployed you will be able to decide if you wish to use your game time, or not, and we won't rely on this login-based system. Of course it is always possible that the deployment of that tool will be delayed, in which case we'll describe the process we'll be using in Month 2 if necessary.}

This posting is what led me to the belief that Beta play consumes paid for game time.  It is possible that a latter posting changed things.  I quit keeping up to date after decided to delay my start of game time usage.