Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

The Hobbit miniatures.....

So I was wandering around on the Games Workshop site checking out the new Hobbit movie miniatures, and I couldn't seem to find where they would actually sell Bilbo and his dwarven buddies in anything smaller than in a set of $125.00. Am I missing something? I'm not too fond of GW's general stuff but I do really like their LOTR miniatures, but I don't want to buy a set of$125.00 or $745.00 just to get a dwarf or two. Did I maybe just not find the link that would get me over to Bilbo and his dwarf buddies withiout having to buy a bunch of other figures and mortgage my house to do so?

Wait.

Same thing happened to me when FOTR came out. I didn't WANT to buy a hundred dollar GW starter set just to get the minis!

Month or so later, they came out with a Fellowship Boxed Set of just the miniatures, for something like $40. Still a tad overpriced for my taste, but livable.

With my backload of miniatures it shouldn't be a problem. Just a bit miffed seeing that on their site, plus seeing their price tags on their individual figures as well. Fifteen bucks for a normal sized figure, seems like highway robbery.

With my backload of miniatures it shouldn't be a problem. Just a bit miffed seeing that on their site, plus seeing their price tags on their individual figures as well. Fifteen bucks for a normal sized figure, seems like highway robbery.

Don't get me started.

Or, for that matter, don't get anyone ELSE started.

• Like 1

Escape from Goblin Town is listed as a Limited Edition. Currently, that's the only way to get Bilbo and the Dwarves, but I imagine GW is just waiting out the Christmas season. The hardcore element is going to pick up the big box for now. Eventually, I am sure they will release the major characters individually or in smaller sets.

For instance, they just released a separate box of Chaos Cultists from the Limited Edition Dark Vengeance that came out at the end of summer.

Right now its a limited edition because it contains Radagast the Brown. When those sets are gone then you can get the unlimited edition without Radagast. Quite frankly based on the individual prices the price on the set is pretty good. I suspect that whatever set comes out that features the dwarves and Bilbo and maybe Gandolf will be in the $80 range.

And remember, a year from now it'll all be discounted as interest starts to wane. All my LotR figues (boxed sets and loose minis) I picked up on clearance about a year after Fellowship of the Ring.

• Like 1

Fellowship of the Ring box prices dropped because it was being replaced with the Two Towers box set to keep up with the movies. Interest overall didn't really begin to wane as such until after the Return of the King box set. After that you could really score some good prices. I would expect to see much the same thing for the Hobbit movies, since there will be three of those as well.

Right now its a limited edition because it contains Radagast the Brown. When those sets are gone then you can get the unlimited edition without Radagast. Quite frankly based on the individual prices the price on the set is pretty good. I suspect that whatever set comes out that features the dwarves and Bilbo and maybe Gandolf will be in the $80 range.

Radagast is reeeeeally spiffy, but I don't think he's $125 spiffy. I still have to pay the heat bill after all :wacko: