Midgard Miniatures Kickstarter

Mad Tinker Gnome

Hmmm I see the term heroic scale 32mm. Does that mean significantly larger then your usual Dark Heaven Legends/Bones/Pathfinder miniatures? The Warlord line is already kind of out of scale and I do not know if I want more out of my usual scale miniatures.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess there is no reason they cannot be unlocked later anyway, but they are freebies if we can manage to get it to $25k by the 25th.

I like all of them, they'll all make great PC miniatures for Pathfinder or 4E games in Midgard and other places where DMs will allow them.

I always thought the term 25mm or 28mm was what the reaper scale was?

Those pictures suddenly make me a lot more interested. Especially about the aboleth. :)

check this post out: Ed talks about scale

I think the article might be backwards. The article says; it's 28mm from the soles of feet to the eyes for European measurement, but that is larger than 25mm from the bottom of the base to the top of the miniatures head.

I always figured the 25mm measurement was the size of the base across, then when I started hearing about 28mm and 32mm I realized it had to be height. It is rather confusing as 1" miniature bases like DDMs are much bigger than they used to be in Harbinger days (which I took as 25mm).

In the old days humans were often put on 20mm bases (GW still does this for Empire units in WHFB afaik), while orcs and other monstrous humanoids went on 25mm bases. Over the last 20 years we have seen 2 shifts with bases. Firstly there has been a move to putting all "Medium Creatures" in D&D terms on 25mm bases, secondly we have seen the rise of the 30mm round lipped base as a second standard for Medium Creatures.

Oddly in discussing this with EFS it became apparent that for those of us who use metric that 30mm was actually a better size for these bases with 30mm representing 5' being great. The best thing about that is 36mm becomes 6' and the sizes of most modern miniatures suddenly fit into actual human sizes in a big rush with people ranging from 5' to a bit over 6' and a few very tall individuals. Even better 30mm = 5' actually gives us a real scale of 1:50 for determining heights on things rather than an arbitrary "yeah that looks ok" system. (Though obviously there is still a bunch of eyeballing due to poses on models.)

Until mini companies adopt an actual scale standard and stick to it the best way to figure minis out will be side by side comparison shots.

• Like 1

Hey guys! They've made their Third Day of Krampus update, and today they are giving the gift of options. The concepts for the next several stretch goals have been posted (including that awesome vulture sphinx) and they are letting backers decide the order they are presented. So if the deer centaur isn't what you want to see unlocked next, just let them know ::D:

Yeah, also maybe there is some other Midgard critter you really want to see? Be sure to cast some votes for it as well.

Maybe you're a Pathfinder player/DM looking for a Kenku Wizard or a Tiefling Druid or Summoner?

Just a $1 let's you start having input to get something you want produced. Remember the whole Midgard setting and it's Bestiary are sources of options. The PDFs for those are available from Kobold Quarterly or RPG Now if you want to check them out.