Midgard Miniatures Kickstarter

Mad Tinker Gnome

Seeing that Dwarf Gladiator only have 6 completed man size model sculpted (4 of them is already completed during the pre-ks stage and it take them roughly 1 month to get each men size miniature sculpted) but with 9 more man size model, 1 multipart set, 2 beast model, 2 cavalry, 2 huge monster and 2 chariot planned and no real time schedule for it.

Perhaps I am jealous that they are diverting resources to sculpt 5 men size creature and one huge monster for midgard, but most importantly, I am afraid they will keep rolling out new things to attract new backer and ended up going bust in the end.

Let's face it old ks will not generate future income (unless they actually use the product and it become a big hit in the open market) but new ks will,it is very tempting to put their resource (backer's money) into new project which will generate new income and ended up defaulting old ks.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the Dwarf Gladiator line is actually being sculpted by different people than those doing the Midgard line. Much of the Dwarf line is being handled by the original sculptor, Alessio Cispani (who first proposed the idea to Mick), while Midgard will be using people like Jason Wiebe, (as well as those who have already produced greens) Sergei Savenkov, Drew Williams and Tim Prow, so the only real crossover is Mick, who is the project manager and fulfillment/logistics.

Okay, so I went ahead and spoke to Mick about the Midgard greens versus the Dwarf Gladiator's stuff. Alessio is doing (basically), everything to do with the gladiators. The Midgard greens, he received several back in 2007-2010. He spoke to Wolfgang about Midgard 2 years before the gladiators were even conceived of. I hope this helps clear some stuff up ::D:

As for the current project, a new update as posted!

A new selection of minis from EFS store has been added as options for your selection.

board4workcopy.jpg

Edited by recruittons

Oh I have plenty of opportunity for adding that to my pledge, I have plenty of space for it later.

This does bring up another point the option to add these existing models is allowing people to pick up existing EFS models at half-price, so it can be worth backing just for that reason alone.

I'm in for 50 minis in the Midgard KS but I'm struggling with the new minis, only one or two appeal. The appeal of the add ons are counted by the $400 worth of EFS half-price vouchers that I bought as part of the Dwarf Gladiator KS. Really don't want to downgrade my pledge but I see no alternative at the moment.

Considering how long this project has been in the works I'm amazed by the lack of 'Wow' factor

i was super stoked on the dwarfs but now im slowly getting less and less excited. Mick has said in the comments of the dwarf kickstarter that now he might be sending out a survey instead of PM'ing him... im gutted because delivery date is December and with no sign of the survey it seems that this kickstarter is on the back burner.

It is 18 Dec already and Mick still did not even have the greens for all core set dwarfs at hand (not to mention the actual casting of the mold and production) I don't think they will be on track fro December delivery for the core set since it is the holiday season and they lost another week of work time.

As for the remaining 9 man size model, 1 multipart set, 2 beasts, 2 cavalries, 2 huge monsters and 2 chariots... we still have no timetable for it.

Edited by Redshylock