Midgard Miniatures Kickstarter

Mad Tinker Gnome

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to this one since it was announced on the Kobold Quarterly site.

The miniatures go with Open Design's Midgard Campaign setting and are thus supporting AGE RPG, Pathfinder and 4E DnD gamers. Personally I'm hoping the Dream Eater and Feycursed monsters get minis (no I don't have a personal interest in those monsters you just ignore the contributors name for them, go on).

I love the bone collective mini as well.

Bone Collective, Gear Mage, and Midgard style Ghoul (they have an empire) Mage

283963_10151013130591903_333574768_n.jpg

Very different looking dwarf wizard type: Dwarf Wanderer

226190_10151029940891903_1531681625_n.jpg

With the aboleth and the hareem assassin (NSFW and thus not showable here) these minis were the original six minis of the KS with a minotaur (bucaneer), dragonkin (think Dragonborn Sorcerer in 4E terms), a kobold suitable for use as a PC (of course) and Baba Yaga's Hut (yes in 28mm resin!).

Its unclear what the KS will bring in the end but there is some really cool concept art on the EasternFront Facebook page.

Can you even trademark the name Midgard?

Actually a trademark covers only a specific (visual?) representation of something. Hence Coke's "Dynamic Ribbon Device" and things like "Subway" are trademarked. Trademark is not the same as copyright, you cannot © a word like Midgard but you can TM a particular combination of fonts and colours featuring the word.

Oh and the official logo for the campaign was posted to their FB page so it's getting closer.

• Like 1