Midgard Miniatures Kickstarter

Mad Tinker Gnome

i like whats come out so far but i would like to see mike sorting out his other kickstarters first aka dwarf gladiators (will ship in December) but i havnt seen alot of the greens for it etc

From what i've heard over in the comments section is that everything is on track to have the initial deliveries out this month. He last provided an update 6 days ago, so hopefully we'll hear something today or tomorrow about it :-)

Yeah, I gotta agree with Shogun here; it's been pretty silent over in dwarf land, and I feel doubtful about this stuff being delivered in December (as was stated on November 26th). We'll see though.

Ask, and yea shall receive :zombie:

Mick just posted an update over at kickstarter containing... pics of the first lot of greens.

• Like 1

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i like whats come out so far but i would like to see mike sorting out his other kickstarters first aka dwarf gladiators (will ship in December) but i havnt seen alot of the greens for it etc

From what i've heard over in the comments section is that everything is on track to have the initial deliveries out this month. He last provided an update 6 days ago, so hopefully we'll hear something today or tomorrow about it :-)

Yeah, I gotta agree with Shogun here; it's been pretty silent over in dwarf land, and I feel doubtful about this stuff being delivered in December (as was stated on November 26th). We'll see though.

Ask, and yea shall receive :zombie:

Mick just posted an update over at kickstarter containing... pics of the first lot of greens.

He sent a update today/last night for the dwarfs, Sadly its all the same greens from when he started the kickstarter the only new one is a small knife and bag also "I would show you some of the preproduction greens for this kickstarter we are sending to production this month"-Mick, how long does production take because i was under the impression it should say "we are sending to your house this month". I dont want to take away from this new project and I am hopeful that the dwarf kickstarter will deliver on time but if it was me i would finish up any loose ends and then start a new kickstarter

He sent a update today/last night for the dwarfs, Sadly its all the same greens from when he started the kickstarter the only new one is a small knife and bag...

My thoughts exactly; it was nice to see an update, but when "I thought I'd show you some of the greens" was followed by pictures of stuff that was already completed before the Kickstarter (my impression at least), I was kind of bummed out.

EDIT: To be perfectly honest I'm starting to get a slightly bad feeling about the Dwarf Gladiator Kickstarter. I think I'd be happier if it was just stated that things are delayed, but "we're still good to ship in December" and then this update just feels... odd. I hope we see something soon that will rub this feeling off.

Edited by Trodax

There should be a rule: Do not start a kickstarter unless the last one is completed. :)

If the last one is due in Dec., I think I will wait until later to pledge, hoping he gets the other one out of the way. How he performs with the dwarves will definitely affect how or if I will pledge on this one.

• Like 2

There should be a rule: Do not start a kickstarter unless the last one is completed. :)
It is a rule. Well, more what you'd call a "guideline" than an actual rule. Still, Kickstarter will initially turn down such Kickstarts, requiring the creator to do some 'splainin if they want it to happen. Edited by mvincent
  • Like 1

I'm really not a fan of starting one before another one ships.

EDIT (finally figured out how to say what i wanted to say): Well I'm still feeling confident about it. Still got that shiny and confident feeling going about it.

I would like to say that I'm grateful for the respect and tone though of people's posts throughout. Its good to see, even if we are not completely agreeing ^_^ . I was recently hanging out at a different forum, that shall remain nameless and where i will never lurk again, where a similar discussion was held but people just trampled all over other people and their dreams. This is refreshing and nice. thank you

Edited by Mad Tinker Gnome

I don't want to trample over EFS's dreams and EFS said 5 new sculpt was being shipped back in 26 Nov.

If the shipment hasn't arrived then it hasnt arrived and there is no need to sugarcoat it as it happens all the time and backer will understand.

By the way regarding to the logo, I think you can trademark the term Midgard Miniatures if it hasn't been registered but the copyright of the logo itself belong to Kobold Press so it might be wise to get a new logo before launching the ks.

Edited by Redshylock

MTG, please don't take it personally when other peoples voice their concern about starting a project before the first one shipped. They do not want to trample over EFS's dream but goodwill and confidence are based on delivering. EFS after all is one man with a dream he could do all he want but he is still one man. I am sure all of us wish EFS to have success after success and offer healthy criticism because they meant good.

• Like 1