Midgard Miniatures Kickstarter

Mad Tinker Gnome

Regards the logo, i'm not sure about who has the TM (Kobold Press or EFS), but Mick tells me it was Wolfgang from Kobold Press who wanted it there. Everything has Wolfgang's tick of approval before Mick goes forward with things.

Oh I wasn't taking it personally, and if it came out that way i'm really sorry. I see where everyone is coming from here, and they've been really pleasant about it. Everyone has a right to such concerns, whether founded or not, and at the moment we just don't have enough information to truly know which is the case here. I'm just a little more on the optimistic side of the equation, others on the doubtful side. Thats good. Thats healthy. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Just as people post their doubts, I post my confidence. I'm just excited and enthusiastic. And confident. And sunny.

(Just edited away some boringly verbose stuff)

Edited by Mad Tinker Gnome

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to trample over EFS's dreams and EFS said 5 new sculpt was being shipped back in 26 Nov.

If the shipment hasn't arrived then it has arrived and there is no need to sugarcoat it as it happens all the time and backer will understand.

I don't think you or anyone else here has. (Again editing away too many redundant words and trying to be less verbose. I really write a lot of words that just mean the same thing)

Edited by Mad Tinker Gnome

There IS a ton of negativity on the Internet. Some people just have a distorted perspective on life and are generally cynical. I think there's a generational thing, my normal forum is about 10 years younger than me and really heavy on cynicism, it gets really old. I'm human, too, but generally I'm a really positive and happy person and it can grate at times hearing so much negativity.

The intent doesn't matter if the delivery is off-handedly destructive. Some communities are cool with that, some don't even realize how toxic it is. I'm exceedingly happy to have found this forum of positive, constructive folks.

• Like 2

MTG mate, I don't just mean the guys here but don't take it too hard on yourself from opposite view elsewhere.

From their response I think the guys in www.frothersunite.com are just voicing their personal experiences rather than set out to destroy dreams.

Ah, thanks buddy. Its not opposite views, its the delivery and off-handed destruction as CashWiley says. I didn't even know of frothersunite until you posted it, though thats not the sort of place I like to hang out because it is similar to where i am referring to. If thats how they enjoy their time thats fine. Its toxic for me, so I won't spend much if any time there at all.

I'm human, too, but generally I'm a really positive and happy person and it can grate at times hearing so much negativity.

The intent doesn't matter if the delivery is off-handedly destructive. Some communities are cool with that, some don't even realize how toxic it is. I'm exceedingly happy to have found this forum of positive, constructive folks.

Exactly. I completely agree. Well said

There IS a ton of negativity on the Internet. Some people just have a distorted perspective on life and are generally cynical. I think there's a generational thing, my normal forum is about 10 years younger than me and really heavy on cynicism, it gets really old. I'm human, too, but generally I'm a really positive and happy person and it can grate at times hearing so much negativity.

I think kids go through a phase of thinking that cynicism is a mark of maturity and then try to ape it. Little monkeys pretending to be worldly-wise. And negativity is stickier, it sounds truer, smarter, more grownup, and people tend to assume anyone being negative is being realistic.

I think kids go through a phase of thinking that cynicism is a mark of maturity and then try to ape it. Little monkeys pretending to be worldly-wise. And negativity is stickier, it sounds truer, smarter, more grownup, and people tend to assume anyone being negative is being realistic.

This is why running Friday Night Magic for a bunch of 16-year-olds isn't the most fun you can ever have.

I think you're right on the money with that observation. I suspect that comes as a result of contrast; children are naturally optimistic so in trying to grow up they leave that optimism behind and do the opposite. I wish more people would remember child-like optimism - there's a lesson to be learned from the wee ones.

-- Edited for typos --

Edited by Dan Goodchild

And let's keep things in perspective about delivery too. CMON just launched another one and they still have two previous KS projects that haven't delivered yet. Of course, they are partnering with other companies to to help launch those people's projects....