Midgard Miniatures Kickstarter

Mad Tinker Gnome

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im a bit confused..If I want 2 M minis and pledge at Bandit level for $18, then its costing me $9 for the second mini.

But if I pledge at Goblin level for $9 and add a M mini for $4 it costs less. Saving $5 per pledge level.

Why would I pledge for any level above Goblin?

Is this a mistake or am I reading this entirely wrong?

Side note: Will the Aboleth be having copyright issues?

Edited by Ithaqua

Side note: Will the Aboleth be having copywrite issues?

I was wondering about copyright issues myself. I don't know the origin of the monster or the name but I hope nothing happens to it; it's best aboleth mini I've ever seen and one of the main reasons I'm getting in on this project on day one.

• Members

Side note: Will the Aboleth be having copywrite issues?

I was wondering about copyright issues myself. I don't know the origin of the monster or the name but I hope nothing happens to it; it's best aboleth mini I've ever seen and one of the main reasons I'm getting in on this project on day one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aboleth

The aboleth was created by David "Zeb" Cook for the first edition of Advanced Dungeons & Dragons.

None of these really do anything for me. The dwarf is easily the best quality humanoid sculpt in this KS, but the rest are really meh. I get that these aren't high end, like the Inbrian sculpts or KoD, but if I'm going to pay $9 for a mini they should at least be as good as a Reaper sculpt which only that Dwarf is. I wanted to like the gear mage and bone collector but after seeing larger images they just seam off or unfinished.

Im a bit confused..If I want 2 M minis and pledge at Bandit level for $18, then its costing me $9 for the second mini.

But if I pledge at Goblin level for $9 and add a M mini for $4 it costs less. Saving $5 per pledge level.

Even if you pledge at Elf level, you would save $5 by getting Goblin and 49 additional Type M minis. I don't see any situation where it helps to use the higher pledge levels.

I'm a little disappointed that we don't see a kobold until it looks like the $11,000 stretch goal. The kobolds of Zobeck are my favourite part of Midgard. That said I'm a fan of the setting and these figures look great, so pretty sure I'll be in for at least a few figures.

Even if you pledge at Elf level, you would save $5 by getting Goblin and 49 additional Type M minis. I don't see any situation where it helps to use the higher pledge levels.

You're right. I'm scratching my head at this; it's just really, really odd, or am I missing something here?

None of the minis in the inital line up are doing anything for me other than the Aboleth (and with recent copyright issues on other projects I'm cautious over that one), no sign of the Vulture Sphinx anytime soon and as others have pointed out the pricing structure after the $9 level doesn't make sense. I'll keep an eye on it to see how it progresses but nothing is making me want to pledge at this point.

you would save $5 by getting Goblin and 49 additional Type M minis. I don't see any situation where it helps to use the higher pledge levels.

it's just really, really odd, or am I missing something here?
The pledge levels are a flat $4 per mini + $10 (shipping), but they probably didn't feel justified in charging more than $5 shipping for the single mini 'Goblin level' option. And they'll almost certainly have stretch rewards that will apply only specific levels or above.

Sure, they coulda made it simpler and just had certain stretch goals apply to certain dollar amounts and above, but then they wouldn't have cool pledge level names... like Reaper had. Even though 'Vampire' was the only real pledge level :)

Edited by mvincent

Yeah, I don't see anything that screams at me that I MUST have it at this point. But I will keep an eye on things. Unfortunately, I'm poor and trying to fund a family vacation in January too.... Might even have to reduce or *shudder* eliminate Imbrian and/or KD.....

And they'll almost certainly have stretch rewards that will apply only specific levels or above.

OK, yeah you're right, stretch goals will probably make sense of those higher level pledges. It just feels intuitively odd, though, I would think the basic setup should be 'the more minis you pledge for, the lower the cost per mini', not the other way around.