Midgard Miniatures Kickstarter

Mad Tinker Gnome

There should be a rule: Do not start a kickstarter unless the last one is completed. :)

If the last one is due in Dec., I think I will wait until later to pledge, hoping he gets the other one out of the way. How he performs with the dwarves will definitely affect how or if I will pledge on this one.

Hmmm, under the Risks and Challenges section of the Midgard Kickstarter, the Dwarven Gladiators are stated to be running on schedule, so perhaps things are indeed moving along behind the scenes, it's just the communication that is lacking. But the thing is, I haven't even finalized my choices for this Kickstarter (for the addons I wanted) and no survey has been sent out, so I'm finding it harder and harder to believe that this will indeed happen in December. I know Mick mentioned in the comments section that we could PM him what we wanted, I've kind of been holding off on it waiting for an official update telling me exactly what to do; I really haven't been fretting this until now, just basically assuming that it will be late. And to be clear, I really have no problem with Kickstarter delivering late. But it feels kind of weird to me using the Dwarven Gladiators as an example of 'we have a lot of experience in delivering rewards for kickstarters'... Or am I completely wrong here?

• Like 1

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im a bit confused..If I want 2 M minis and pledge at Bandit level for $18, then its costing me $9 for the second mini.

But if I pledge at Goblin level for $9 and add a M mini for $4 it costs less. Saving $5 per pledge level.

Why would I pledge for any level above Goblin?

Is this a mistake or am I reading this entirely wrong?

Its a mistake... sort of. And its caused by the new bane of my existence - shipping!!

So the Trading House isn't supposed to be accessible until the Adventurer pledge level because of shipping. Relooking at the model, it could probably be accessed from Bandit upwards. Somehow that sentence got lost along the ways (probably by me....oh lordy).

So sorry, but will anyone here have a problem if we reapply that policy? Because otherwise Mick's going to have trouble sending you your goodies.

Side note: Will the Aboleth be having copyright issues?

Well it really depends if the music industry finds out about his illegal DJing and sampling of other artists work in his CDs....

Edited by Mad Tinker Gnome
  • Like 1

Well I ignored the $5 (because usually I'd be getting charged $10-20 for shipping) and went in at Bandit King. Gives me 2 Aboleth and plenty of room for stretch goals for a while.

The Aboleth might get a name change but is unlikely to be otherwise affected as it doesn't look much like WotC's renditions of the monster. Oh it's enough like them you can tell its an Aboleth if you know what they look like, but otherwise not really. Hopefully WotC legal gets their stuff together before the KS closes if they decide they want it changed.

And they'll almost certainly have stretch rewards that will apply only specific levels or above.

OK, yeah you're right, stretch goals will probably make sense of those higher level pledges. It just feels intuitively odd, though, I would think the basic setup should be 'the more minis you pledge for, the lower the cost per mini', not the other way around.

No *ahem* comment.

Im a bit confused..If I want 2 M minis and pledge at Bandit level for $18, then its costing me $9 for the second mini.

But if I pledge at Goblin level for $9 and add a M mini for $4 it costs less. Saving $5 per pledge level.

Why would I pledge for any level above Goblin?

Is this a mistake or am I reading this entirely wrong?

Its a mistake... sort of. And its caused by the new bane of my existence - shipping!!

So the Trading House isn't supposed to be accessible until the Adventurer pledge level because of shipping. Relooking at the model, it could probably be accessed from Bandit upwards. Somehow that sentence got lost along the ways (probably by me....oh lordy).

So sorry, but will anyone here have a problem if we reapply that policy? Because otherwise Mick's going to have trouble sending you your goodies.

Side note: Will the Aboleth be having copyright issues?

Well it really depends if the music industry finds out about his illegal DJing and sampling of other artists work in his CDs....

I, for one don't mind if you apply the policy. It's what you meant to do in the first place.

anyone here have a problem if we reapply that policy?
I, for one don't mind if you apply the policy. It's what you meant to do in the first place.
Agreed. Indeed, the change would be laudable (so as to avoid confusion). Edited by mvincent

I went with the scout pledge level,

Well I ignored the $5 (because usually I'd be getting charged $10-20 for shipping) and went in at Bandit King. Gives me 2 Aboleth and plenty of room for stretch goals for a while.

The Aboleth might get a name change but is unlikely to be otherwise affected as it doesn't look much like WotC's renditions of the monster. Oh it's enough like them you can tell its an Aboleth if you know what they look like, but otherwise not really. Hopefully WotC legal gets their stuff together before the KS closes if they decide they want it changed.

Also the Aboleth is in the Pathfinder Bestiary, so I doubt WotC will have any problems with it. But then again I thought the same thing of the Demons and Devils kickstarter.

Edited by ChaoticBlues

That's Wolfgang Baur, Kobold in Chief at Open Design the company behind Midgard, not random dude Wolfgang :)

To be clear Minis are not covered by the OGL, so yes they can be in the Pathfinder Bestiary as that is covered by the OGL without affecting WotC's ability to block mini production. It's tougher with minis "inspired by" is clearly not something WotC pursues until a certain line is crossed. A line that seems as connected to their purse strings (via product sales) as it is their ownership of the IP.

Edited by ObsidianCrane